• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R179 3050-3053 testing today:

https://youtu.be/Fnu0ciZPHRs

LMAO Marvel trailers :lol:

LMFAO if product placement makes it into the R179s I would literally die.

But seriously, that is amazing. The find seems to have a few more upgrades and ads there it seems.

Edited by ShadeJay

Things I've noticed:

The FIND screen on the R179's are larger then the ones on the R160.

The FIND screen has a higher FPS on the R179's unlike the R160's.

The FIND screen is able to play visual clips, such as movie trailers. I believe it's almost like those new LCD advertisements they are installing on the R160B's.

The movie trailer was more likely a test program than a program for the 179. Remember that there were a ton of testing computers installed on 3050, so a tech probably started playing some random footage to see what the playback on the FIND would look like. It also wasn't scaled properly. Then again, I could be wrong and we could very well see advertisements and trailers shown on the 179 FIND.

I wonder if they're going to showcase the R179's at Hoyt Street like they did with the R160's a few years back.

I don't think there's much of a need to do that.  The R160s were a bigger deal at the time than the R179s are now in terms of technology.

Can't wait until the 8 car sets makes their way to ENY for training or testing or w/e... train would be really easy to find and they will most likely run the train back and forth between Broadway Junction and that stop before Myrtle. I see 143s and 160s testing on that middle track all the time.

Edited by trainfan22

Can't wait until the 8 car sets makes their way to ENY for training or testing or w/e... train would be really easy to find and they will most likely run the train back and forth between Broadway Junction and that stop before Myrtle. I see 143s and 160s testing on that middle track all the time.

I don't think they really do that for testing. And training happens in school car to get "qualified" which usually happens overnights as mimicking service.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

That middle track between Junction and Myrtle is reserved for CBTC - Digimove testing.

Rats...Im at work...What time does they nomally stop the testing...Do you know that kind of info Fan Railer??

A few weeks ago I went down to check it out and was very fortunate to catch it before it left @ 4

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk