The Winter Thread

EE Broadway Local

I only like when it snows, usually it isn't so windy unless it's a blizzard, but having the dry, cold air hit your face sucks, plus your fingers freeze up something fierce, even in gloves!

On a snowy day the air is mostly calm and staying out for a while isn't so bad... Great for taking photos of the scenery.

Are you bored?

EE and Shortline are the 1-2 punch in NYCTF board pollution.

Anyway, my favorite part of winter is the Super Bowl, the start of spring training, and more light every day until the middle of June.

Dislike

Shorter days

People coughing on me

Bitter cold

The days actually start getting longer until June 21.

Everything except snow storms & Christmas.

This includes:

Cold

Extra clothes

Can't do anything without being super cold

Dead-looking vegetation

Short days

Wind

Dryness

Did I mention Cold?

Salty streets

The list goes on...

Winter sucks, I'd rather be outside in the heat with shorts and a T-shirt as opposed to being inside under the covers with a hoodie on.

• 2 weeks later...

(Not to cause my friend LRG stress 70(EE)) I'm just curious about things. You Know. Maybe a little too curious.

I think I'm acclimated, but I'd like to say these past three days have been neat. A little reminder of old-fashioned Winter. It's been an awesome cold - not like Phoenix at all, but, maybe, a little like New York City or Jersey City.

I worked Thursday and today, but yesterday I was outside enjoying the clouds and cold. Both yesterday and today were 47 degrees for the high. This morning, there actually was frost and ice at 7:00am.

We have, maybe, one or two days more (these will be in the fifties).

Kind of neat. In June 2009, we enjoyed that unusual cool spell with high temperatures under 100 degrees and in December 2010/January 2011 this brief cold spell with high temperatures under 50 degrees.

Snow, snowball fights, snowmen, ice hockey, hot chocolate, wearing warm mittens, curling up on the couch with a comforter, a good book, and good music, Christmas and New Years. And snow days at school B).

Archived