In City, a Bridge for Koch and a Tunnel for Carey

Shortline Bus

The Crotch Bridge, oh sorry that's what all my friends call it, will never catch on. It will always be known as the 59th street bridge or the Queensboro bridge. I hate to say it, but the RFK bridge has sort of been catching on, but I hear them call it the RFK-Triboro on the news.

Not in favor of the name changes especially when the city and state is starving for cash and trying to cut costs all around. But I did notice something. The Queensboro is renamed the Ed Koch Queensboro bridge then why not rename the Triboro, the RFK Triboro bridge (atleast keep the old name in there)? Either way, Im still calling the Triboro the Triboro and the Queensboro, the Queensboro.

Not in favor of the name changes especially when the city and state is starving for cash and trying to cut costs all around. But I did notice something. The Queensboro is renamed the Ed Koch Queensboro bridge then why not rename the Triboro, the RFK Triboro bridge (atleast keep the old name in there)? Either way, Im still calling the Triboro the Triboro and the Queensboro, the Queensboro.

Some of the traffic reporters including most of them at 1010 WINS state "RFK Triboro" Bridge.

Personally while Ed Koch was a good Mayor(playing a key role in ending the

'70's fiscal crisis) RFK was much more deserving. He came out of shadows of his brother to being US Attorney General in 1960's during Civil Rights Era and later Senator.

Plus even Koch tried to downplay this. I don't blame him as I am not a fan (design and looks wise)of that Queens-Manhattan Bridge.

While we're at it, let's rename the Brooklyn Bridge to the Marty Markowitz Memorial....

the Ed Koch bridge... for the love of god....

that sounds like a damn gimmick....

The way things are going, I would not be surprised they dared try something as stupid as that. Though, they probably would have an easier time to rename the Willy B as the MMM bridge.

Totally true.

Archived