MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated as of January 16th, 2013 @ 4:25PM ET: http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

Changes:

640 New to CP

1882 to Scrap from CA

2087, 2090, 2122-2123 Pending Storage/Scrap from UP

2855 to CH from MA

4303 to CH from MA

4714, 4731-4732 New to KB

4871-4872, 4877, 4881, 4883, 4893-4894 to UP from CA

5406,  5409 to Scrap from OH

5478 to GH from KB

7030-7031, 7034, 7038, 7041-7042, 7050 to CA from UP

9425, 9582, 9585 to FB from FP

9924 to Scrap from CP

Edited by Vintage Soul

And LGA gets nothing yet again. Sigh.

Good, LG don't need to be beating up anything else right now. Its a shame how those RTSs and Orion Vs look. I don't want to hear any excuses neither, most of those buses came to LG is almost like new condition. The Orion 7 Gen II+s, god bless them are getting repainted, but those Orion 7 Next Generations are looking like they've been there for over 10 years! Luckily most of the MCIs are just Rush Hour buses or they'd look like shit too. #truth

Edited by Vintage Soul

From pictures I see and buses I take, lga buses don't look any worse than other buses around the system. I really am not seeing what you guys are seeing...

I D K what buses YOU riding from LG, but get on any garden variety LG RTS or Orion V (I ride them daily), do a good look around you inside and out, then go ride, say a Fresh Pond RTS....

Edited by Vintage Soul

From pictures I see and buses I take, lga buses don't look any worse than other buses around the system. I really am not seeing what you guys are seeing...

I D K what buses YOU riding from LG, but get on any garden variety LG RTS or Orion V (I ride them daily), do a good look around you inside and out, then go ride, say a Fresh Pond RTS....

Speaking of LGA's buses I always seem to get a mixed bowl...I'm a daily rider of two of their routes. I've ridden some that look and run good, some that run like shit, some that look like shit, and then those that look AND run like shit! Gotta love fleet inconsistency...

:lol: at those two 9500s at Fresh Pond Coming to Flatbush.

lol, so much for staying there their whole lives :D

Yeah a certain buschatter is going to be seriously pissed. Too bad.

Right on cue: http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=271191

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad...

Edited by Grand Concourse

I think that Orion VII #6853 is retired because I saw it parked at Casey Stengel and its not in good shape since the back of the bus is destroyed. BTW since when did Casey Stengel change the color of their depot logo because I saw Novabus LFSA #5821 with a different color bus depot logo.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grand Concourse" data-cid="633361" data-time="1358376901"><p>

lol, so much for staying there their whole lives :D<br />

<br />

Right on cue: <a href='http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=271191'>http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=271191</a><br />

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad...</p></blockquote>

Lmaoooo....i bet that poster is kicking their self right now.....other than that if fresh pond goes all hybrid,you can pretty much say it's the passing of the torch

What does it mean when a bus shows "HOLD" on the front of it. I saw Novabus LFSA #5782 with HOLD marked on the front window with a marker at Kingsbridge depot.

It means the bus is to stay in the depot, not used for service.

Could be a mechanical reason, could have been involved in a customer injury, all kinds of stuff.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cait Sith" data-cid="633244" data-time="1358359376"><p>

<span style='font-size: 24px;'><em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>You can stop now....</strong></em></span></p></blockquote>

Now now, to be fair he did said he was leaving Sunday and made a big deal about it (again)...

No need to stoop to any unneccessary/negative action like..... other kids on the forums. It'll only entertain them. Just let it go and do you, man. ^_^

Here's hoping I'm not talking out of my ass.

New moves anybody? No rush, of course.

Edited by Metro CSW

I think that Orion VII #6853 is retired because I saw it parked at Casey Stengel and its not in good shape since the back of the bus is destroyed. BTW since when did Casey Stengel change the color of their depot logo because I saw Novabus LFSA #5821 with a different color bus depot logo.

It's still on the roster, so I assume that it's going to be repaired. The back cover of the VIIs can be removed (unlike the Vs).