MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone is inquiring as to why Quill is so short on buses....upper management is not approving repairs on buses, which resulted in 20 or so runs missing today. Seems like the MTA is deliberately not repairing buses.

4 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

In case anyone is inquiring as to why Quill is so short on buses....upper management is not approving repairs on buses, which resulted in 20 or so runs missing today. Seems like the MTA is deliberately not repairing buses.

Hopefully this doesn't become a trend elsewhere and I also hope this isn't some sort of retaliation for not getting congestion pricing going.

27 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Hopefully this doesn't become a trend elsewhere and I also hope this isn't some sort of retaliation for not getting congestion pricing going.

It's legit and it's not just Quill. Over 100 buses sidelined because of many violations noted by the union (i.e. expired fire extinguishers)., which is why the repairs aren't getting "approved"

58 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Is this also happening to MTA Bus Company with College Point..?

31 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

It's legit and it's not just Quill. Over 100 buses sidelined because of many violations noted by the union (i.e. expired fire extinguishers)., which is why the repairs aren't getting "approved"

I saw the post from the union. Gun Hill and Tuskegee Airmen are also impacted by the violations.

On 7/29/2024 at 3:52 PM, poopybutt123 said:

4122, 4165, 4210 Baisley Park: to College Point 

...and as of right now (8/1), ALL three are on the Q23. Seen them all as I stand here on Queens Blvd in Forest Hills.

Edited by The TransitMan

17 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

9272, 9274-9275 LaGuardia: to College Point 

Note: First time CP using 2024 XD40s as loaners 

Contacted a buddy of mine at College Point and if anyone wants photos, 9272 is on the Q65 and 9275 is on the Q25. BOTH are currently Jamaica bound. Happy hunting!

Edited by The TransitMan

On 8/1/2024 at 1:05 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

I remember a few years back various buses all around the city had ads on them that said “Get out your car and onto this bus”. I just chuckle and shake my head because with all these missing runs and such, who would want to rely on the bus system? We have to deal with routes with huge gaps in service which is a huge inconvenience to riders. I can’t blame those who want to ditch public transportation and get their own car and or use Uber/Lyft and etc. Yeah it will be another car polluting the street but who wants to wait 35 minutes during the 1PM hour for example for the Q54 to show up while the MTA is faced with violations. I understand that there are rules and regulations that they must follow, but why was it allowed to get this bad? But please everyone ditch your cars and crowd up on a bus that will take over a half an hour to show up especially so we can fight pollution. 

10 hours ago, NYC Bus Roster said:

Loan or permanent transfer?

10 hours ago, NYC Bus Roster said:

Loan or permanent transfer?

9272-9277 were loaned to CP from LGA and because of that, 4119, 4278 and 4601 went back to LGA for a bit.