MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, xD4nn said:

Brooklynites need to stop the complaining honestly. Queens has to suffer because of them.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C84YbfutG_c/ 

They want bus lanes and better bus service. They're not complaining about wanting new buses. Fans are misconstruing the campaign bad.

Hence, this.

On 7/5/2024 at 7:38 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Due to extra buses at Jamaica, all XD40s from Jamaica will be sent to Brooklyn. This is due to complaints about neighborhoods like Flatbush and ENY about "not enough new buses". This is also expected to replace the remaining Ngs in Brooklyn in response to said complaints.

Sounds a little sketchy to me honestly.

The "extra" buses are because Jamaica is operating on a school closed schedule(which easily gives them about 15-20 extra buses until September, when their fleet will be fully used), which is always the case with Jamaica in the summer, hence why they would always store said extra buses at Stengel for the summer. They're gonna need those buses when the school schedule resumes, so it doesn't make any sense to send those extra XDs over to Brooklyn.

Edited by Cait Sith

26 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

They want bus lanes and better bus service. They're not complaining about wanting new buses. Fans are misconstruing the campaign bad.

Hence, this.

Sounds a little sketchy to me honestly.

The "extra" buses are because Jamaica is operating on a school closed schedule(which easily gives them about 15-20 extra buses until September, when their fleet will be fully used), which is always the case with Jamaica in the summer, hence why they would always store said extra buses at Stengel for the summer. They're gonna need those buses when the school schedule resumes, so it doesn't make any sense to send those extra XDs over to Brooklyn.

Update on this matter, these XD40s from Jamaica WILL NOT be replacing anything. These are for B98/G train shuttle service. They are expected to go back in September.

Misinformation on my end. Apologies.

6 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Update on this matter, these XD40s from Jamaica WILL NOT be replacing anything. These are for B98/G train shuttle service. They are expected to go back in September.

Misinformation on my end. Apologies.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense. I hope that source of yours didn’t send you bad intel on purpose and that it was from normally reputable source.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

9350 awaiting delivery at Zerega 

9352-9353 are also coming in, these will be the final XD40 buses for MTA Bus.

With that, New Flyer should be able to deliver the XE40s next.

8 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Unless someone can actually confirm that it’s in the Bronx, my guess is 5013 has a faulty tracker.

Someone caught it in the Bronx earlier signed to BX22 (codebreak ofc.) So yeah, it's there.