MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

You all misunderstood.... FP is short buses. All of Brooklyn division except for UP is scheduled for the shuffle at this time. Fresh pond is not an artic depot nor is it artic ready. Grand avenue has only maintained 2 Artics in its entire existence. 6059 and 6063. Zerega has always historically been the artic CFM.

I also agree that the ORIGINAL plan of D60's was good enough as well.

As for VG8, in response to your comment Tuskegee was already getting 79 so the last 17 were unassigned for the longest and now will possibly be changed again. Quill doesn't necessarily need them u til the M14SBS comes on line and EN pushed the B82SBS back to next year....

Also in the news, MTA will be rotating out 79 Bus Company C40LF's to be retrofitted with Digital Info Screens, Auto Pax counters, and WiFi. This contract has been awarded to New Flyer and leads me to believe the screens we saw on the XD40 fleet will likely be the final selection as the winner of the pilot. This also means plans now call for the XN60 order to be super acellerated, and for more Orion VII CNG to over to bus by September to supplement for the buses out of services for upgrades... This just keeps getting more interesting by the hour..

Fine by me. As long as they get their share of buses... They definitely need them.

• Replies 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in the news, MTA will be rotating out 79 Bus Company C40LF's to be retrofitted with Digital Info Screens, Auto Pax counters, and WiFi. This contract has been awarded to New Flyer and leads me to believe the screens we saw on the XD40 fleet will likely be the final selection as the winner of the pilot. This also means plans now call for the XN60 order to be super acellerated, and for more Orion VII CNG to over to bus by September to supplement for the buses out of services for upgrades... This just keeps getting more interesting by the hour..

Hmmm, WiFi but not USB ports? Would they get the new scheme because they'd have the same features as the new buses? (minus the ports)

You all misunderstood.... FP is short buses. All of Brooklyn division except for UP is scheduled for the shuffle at this time. Fresh pond is not an artic depot nor is it artic ready. Grand avenue has only maintained 2 Artics in its entire existence. 6059 and 6063. Zerega has always historically been the artic CFM.

As for VG8, in response to your comment Tuskegee was already getting 79 so the last 17 were unassigned for the longest and now will possibly be changed again. Quill doesn't necessarily need them u til the M14SBS comes on line and EN pushed the B82SBS back to next year....

Does this mean the XD60's will be getting them as well. SBS and Local?

Also- Will they include announcements like the B46SBS XD40's?

Why not send some of the best DHF60's to Brooklyn to cover the (M) shuttle and once that shuttle is over, which ever depots in Brooklyn are able to handle artics, keep them until a new RFP order for XD60's or LFSA's come in.

Are u kiddin me? The screens on the XD40s are gonna be the final selection. Those things were broke 90% of the time.

What was wrong with the ones they used on the LFSAs? The M15-SBS and Q44-SBS? Those worked the best, we're easiest to understand, had advertisements that were displayed the entire time, meaning no switching back between next stop info/ads and said it said "next stop...", "this stop is...". It also had the "Please exit through the rear door" announcement synced whenever someone requested a stop.

I mean, even the ones on the C40LF were pretty good. What company was that? I would've picked between that one and the ones on the LFSA. Only thing with the C40LF, for 40ft buses they should have the double screen be lined up with the rear screen (similar to the S79 set-up), and get rid of that tiny on behind the GPS box.

How did the MTA evaluate those? I would like to know how the other one became final. Those cheap looking screens too. Probably the cheapest at the end of the day... Oh MTA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, WiFi but not USB ports? Would they get the new scheme because they'd have the same features as the new buses? (minus the ports)

Does this mean the XD60's will be getting them as well. SBS and Local?Also- Will they include announcements like the B46SBS XD40's?

Everything in the system 2010 and newer, and all the LFSA's are supposed to get full upgrades including USB. Only new buses will come in the new colors.

Why not send some of the best DHF60's to Brooklyn to cover the (M) shuttle and once that shuttle is over, which ever depots in Brooklyn are able to handle artics, keep them until a new RFP order for XD60's or LFSA's come in.

That's what I just mentioned was now being considered lol. Flambush however doesn't have room for more than a few, and most of their drivers have not been trained on the D60.

Are u kiddin me? The screens on the XD40s are gonna be the final selection. Those things were broke 90% of the time.

What was wrong with the ones they used on the LFSAs? The M15-SBS and Q44-SBS? Those worked the best, we're easiest to understand, had advertisements that were displayed the entire time, meaning no switching back between next stop info/ads and said it said "next stop...", "this stop is...". It also had the "Please exit through the rear door" announcement synced whenever someone requested a stop.

I mean, even the ones on the C40LF were pretty good. What company was that? I would've picked between that one and the ones on the LFSA. Only thing with the C40LF, for 40ft buses they should have the double screen be lined up with the rear screen (similar to the S79 set-up), and get rid of that tiny on behind the GPS box.

How did the MTA evaluate those? I would like to know how the other one became final. Those cheap looking screens too. Probably the cheapest at the end of the day... Oh MTA...

I don't know which one will win. It could be any of them, or there could be a third pilot. Nothing was confirmed to me. I was simply pointing out that New Flyer is installing. I do not know the manufacturer at this point.

Everything in the system 2010 and newer, and all the LFSA's are supposed to get full upgrades including USB. Only new buses will come in the new colors.

That's what I just mentioned was now being considered lol. Flambush however doesn't have room for more than a few, and most of their drivers have not been trained on the D60.

I don't know which one will win. It could be any of them, or there could be a third pilot. Nothing was confirmed to me. I was simply pointing out that New Flyer is installing. I do not know the manufacturer at this point.

Oh my apologies, I read that wrong. Thanks for the info!

If it's CP they're going to do, they're already short on buses and some are still getting a new paint job. Today, I already saw 3738 from LGA do the Q65. SC only has lots of C40LF's, hopefully MTA doesn't take too many out that it disrupts service. Also, I hope it's the same company as the ones on the LFSA's, they're pretty good, except they keep revising the ones on the Q44 and the transfers seem to go downhill and there's an imaginary stop going s/b at e177st/ bx rvr py. Also, why is it mapped differently there, even on BusTime, buses make the u-turn towards the end of the service road and make a sharp left to get back on cross bronx srvc rd.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

If it's CP they're going to do, they're already short on buses and some are still getting a new paint job. Today, I already saw 3738 from LGA do the Q65. SC only has lots of C40LF's, hopefully MTA doesn't take too many out that it disrupts service.

This is where the Orion VII CNG moves come in I suppose but they'll more likely be going to SC as faculty there are trained unless CP starts doing O7 training when they're nearing the end of their useful lives.

Also in the news, MTA will be rotating out 79 Bus Company C40LF's to be retrofitted with Digital Info Screens, Auto Pax counters, and WiFi. This contract has been awarded to New Flyer and leads me to believe the screens we saw on the XD40 fleet will likely be the final selection as the winner of the pilot. This also means plans now call for the XN60 order to be super accelerated, and for more Orion VII CNG to over to bus by September to supplement for the buses out of services for upgrades... This just keeps getting more interesting by the hour..

I can only speculate that it'll either be the Strategic screens on the FB XD40s or the CleverVision-esque screens on C40LF 572. Wasn't really a fan of the ones on the FB XD40s, especially because of it's aesthetics in relation to the interior as well as the overall quality of the screens compared to the rest of the pilots... but if that's what the MTA is going for then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Neko Boy With Glasse

I usually would wait till the morning, but this is all very of interesting to me, and since I just got the info at 2am I'm going to just post. OH needs artics bad! Lol. Check out my post

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/50578-updated-nymta-depot-roster-61717/?p=930079

And with that being said, 6107 is assigned to OH.

Note: At time when I post assignments I'm just telling you all what is on the official DOB roster. Example; even though 6107 is now assigned to OH, it won't arrive at the depot until tomorrow. In addition to that, even though 6063 is assigned to OH, it is still in the shop at Grand as of my posting.

So new XD60's to Tuskegee and Tuskegee's D60's to Grand?

I say it may happen and it may not happen. Only issue is if the MTA will allow those DHF60's to hit over to Grand Avenue. The other issue is why in the last minute for a big shortage of buses and not having the whole Brooklyn Division work on the (M) shuttle including Ulmer Park.

With the exception of the B1,B3 and B6. What other heavy lines does Ulmer Park have that the rest of the Brooklyn Division doesn't have to work the (M) shuttle?

I say it may happen and it may not happen. Only issue is if the MTA will allow those DHF60's to hit over to Grand Avenue. The other issue is why in the last minute for a big shortage of buses and not having the whole Brooklyn Division work on the (M) shuttle including Ulmer Park.

With the exception of the B1,B3 and B6. What other heavy lines does Ulmer Park have that the rest of the Brooklyn Division doesn't have to work the (M) shuttle?

Well I have seen a D60 coming from GA after getting maintenance done so they should have no issue taking them.

Why doesn't brooklyn burrow some D60's from WF,KB, or GH and have some Op from Brooklyn and some from these depots to cover the M shuttle.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Here's the problem right now. What we're saying is easier said than done. I posed this same question to ENY last night. Most Brooklyn ops aren't trained to drive a DHF60. Just like any equipment you have to be certified to drive.

Grand Avenue has an advantage simply b/c they are an CMF facility and so is East New York. So if anything, those 2 depots could possibly get them. Everyone else (NO) due to spacing and training.

Many moons ago, I saw 2 DHF60 training at Flatbush , but nothing came to fruition for Flatbush to have them at the depot. Once they did the expansion on Flatbush than they were able to accept Artics. I believe that was 2010/2011.

Edited by Future ENY OP

Here's the problem right now. What we're saying is easier said than done. I posed this same question to ENY last night. Most Brooklyn ops aren't trained to drive a DHF60. Just like any equipment you have to be certified to drive.

Grand Avenue has an advantage simply b/c they are an CMF facility and so is East New York. So if anything, those 2 depots could possibly get them. Everyone else (NO) due to spacing and training.

Many moons ago, I saw 2 DHF60 training at Flatbush , but nothing came to fruition for Flatbush to have them at the depot. Once they did the expansion on Flatbush than they were able to accept Artics. I believe that was 2010/2011.

I see... but hold on does it necessarily have to be Brooklyn that covers the M shuttle? Also if some of GA Ops aren't train for D60's then why couldn't FB handle the M shuttle along with some Bronx and Manhattan depots. That's solution if buses will fall short because of this.

I see... but hold on does it necessarily have to be Brooklyn that covers the M shuttle? Also if some of GA Ops aren't train for D60's then why couldn't FB handle the M shuttle along with some Bronx and Manhattan depots. That's solution if buses will fall short because of this.

Again.... easier said than done. What cannot happen is you can't have the Bronx Division coming into Brooklyn to cover the shuttle. How are they going to make service?

.... and what your saying is completely out of sync. FB needs all 41 artics solely for the B44. They could use 2 or 3 more. But that's for another topic. But, you have the Bx4, Bx4a, Bx12, Bx41 from Gun Hill, heavy lines. They need their buses. Bx1, Bx2, Bx39 from Kingsbridge. They need their buses. You take away their artics from them all b/c of the issues of Brooklyn, they will scream HELL. (Sorry, but don't see it happening)

Again.... easier said than done. What cannot happen is you can't have the Bronx Division coming into Brooklyn to cover the shuttle. How are they going to make service?

.... and what your saying is completely out of sync. FB needs all 41 artics solely for the B44. They could use 2 or 3 more. But that's for another topic. But, you have the Bx4, Bx4a, Bx12, Bx41 from Gun Hill, heavy lines. They need their buses. Bx1, Bx2, Bx39 from Kingsbridge. They need their buses. You take away their artics from them all b/c of the issues of Brooklyn, they will scream HELL. (Sorry, but don't see it happening)

Add WF routes along as well. You don't send artics [emoji777]-over 3 Boros for shuttles in Brooklyn, let along the deep parts.

How much ridership does that portion of the (M) see anyway? I think we could put enough 40 footers and several artics and make a good enough shuttle.

It sees a decent amount. However, I don't know enough about the Bushwick // Ridgewood portion of the (M) to say if it warrants an excess of artics. 40 footers. Definitely.