MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

785 at JG

786 @ JG its on B8 right now

I know it's easy to miss things, and we all may post a move that's already been reported from time to time. So please look back at least 2 pages before you post a move, transfer or delivery.

In the case of these two posts, they were just on the last page as the most recent XN deliveries. Not really sure how you guys missed that......

Edited by East New York

I know it's easy to miss things, and we all may post a move that's already been reported from time to time. So please look back at least 2 pages before you post a move, transfer or delivery.

In the case of these two posts, they were just on the last page as the most recent XN deliveries. Not really sure how you guys missed that......

oh I didn't see that.

Ok, didn't know that sometimes when posting on mobile device

See that's a perfect example! You are correct thank you!! Lol, but to add in, 781 went back to the vendor for some reason, but it arrived back at JG this morning.

Gotcha. These deliveries are pretty weird: they skipped over the 690s for WF, and the 760s for JG. And no one explained the reason as why only the odd numbered XD60s are coming in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. These deliveries are pretty weird: they skipped over the 690s for WF, and the 760s for JG. And no one explained the reason as why only the odd numbered XD60s are coming in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deliveries have been quite strange ever since the day MTA and New Flyer started working with each other again on the C40LF order. 230 came, then 185! Then there are 2014 buses in the middle of the 2015 XD40 order Lol. As far as the XD60 order goes I'm being told 6126 will come before LG before the last is delivered TA side.

On a side note, transfers will tend to get quite crazy over the next 24+ months. I updated the new delivers, which now reflect an increase to 2,083 buses. NYCT and MTAB are now combined, express buses are added in, and ex-Orion's are removed as they are one, not new, and 2 being protested against.

The best of the RTS' will stay for a bit and then retire alongside the 1st gen hybrids. Other OG's and NG's, and quite possibly the 3G's will transfer to other depots. There are nearly 1,800 local buses coming now, and the governor has a major part in why I posted so many updates. Most all of these buses do not have finalized assignments, where as other have preliminary assignments that will likely stay the same for the most part.

300 plus express buses will of course change the entire landscape of MTA Bus express service. Funny thing here is that depot assignments are for the first time mostly going to be based off the model of bus ordered. This will in turn determine where current buses are transferred. It could be all MCI, all Prevost, or a split for the first time ever. Either way there are 3 scenarios, so that's s will likely be one of those an the fly as buses are coming assignments.

Just giving everyone a heads up that when you start so see strange off the wall transfers, expect it.

So are NYCT and MTAB radios and fareboxes now a single entity to allow for easier rotation of the fleet? i.e. CP, JG, SC and WF can all swap CNG equipment as needed?

Not yet. They are still septate operating entities until the merger of radios and fireboxes is complete. It's scheduled for the beginning of 2019. The brand new command center is being built right now at East New York Depot, and it will be for both TA and BC. At that point buses can easily be swapped at depots or loaned to others and no changes will be needed. Dispatch will also be merged. The buses are already getting a common scheme so titles don't have to be changes if they are swapped within divisions.

For oversight purposes, and general operations the two have already merged, and Bus Operations Headquarters for all of Surface Transit is now at ENY. CP however still serves as MTAB HQ as it is still legally separate from transit.

Even then all equipment may not be able to be swapped unless it's old, or purchased with MTA operating cash. For example, C40LF's purchased with Federal funds for Bus Company can not be transferred to TA unless they are old or swapped out with something comparable that is the same age or newer. However, it can be done the other way around as TA is the operating company for TA, who's parent company is MTA.

Edited by East New York