MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

In that case the Orion VII CNG's should have been temporarily sent to CP, with SC borrowing some NF's from CP.  The B103 is too long a line.

Wouldn't really make a difference. College Point's more heavier lines have more stops, and are just as long. The Q25 and the Q65 are just about as long, if not, a little longer than the B103, with more stops. The Q66 is just a mile and a half or so shorter than the three. The shortest line they have is the Q19.

Those VIIs are better off at Spring Creek.

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. But that didn't answer if some of the d60s would've been pushed to retirement.

Some of them could be sent to scrap if they're in bad shape. That or a few units could be sent to The Bronx. The only thing known is that most of them are staying for the M14A/D. Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

Yes. But that didn't answer if some of the d60s would've been pushed to retirement.

At this time, I don't think they will get pushed out yet.

My hunch is that once West Farms gets their new CNG artics, their Novas will come down to Quill to push out the rest of the D60s, unless they receive the rest of Stengel's batch and unwrap those for local service.

Pending assignment changes. I am being told because the Brooklyn crosstown SBS will not be ready soon, and any buses can be used on the weekend for the upcoming summer L train work, the last of the XD60's will go to Quill.

I thought it was the (M) before the (L) shutdown...

Anyways thanks for the update.

Pending assignment changes. I am being told because the Brooklyn crosstown SBS will not be ready soon, and any buses can be used on the weekend for the upcoming summer L train work, the last of the XD60's will go to Quill.

It's the summer (M) Train work you're thinking of. And thats interesting that the XD60s going to Quill.

Great update. Could this mean (Quill) current D60 fleet will go to scrap?

Thanks guys that's correct. I meant the (M). Too many trains and buses on the brain lol.

Anywho, don't know if it was posted, but SC now has 7 OG's. If the numbers weren't posted let me know and I will post.

Nothing new was posted except the original 5 that were delivered weeks ago. Also thanks for the update on the XD60s. Was it said that these buses are still for SBS or going to the M14 for regular service until 2019?

Very interesting about the remainders going to Quill.

Thank you very much for the info.