MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Good morning ladies and gentleman. 712-714 are in the depot being prepped for service. We can add those to West Farms now as well. 711 is in the shop already for something.

756 to Gleason in the shop for pre-service.

Edited by East New York

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a typo? That's an MTA Bus JFK unit if I'm not mistaken? Then again, several NYCB NGs went to JFK a few summers ago so maybe this is real?

Definitely a typo. 4146 is on the Q60 at this moment. Plus I remember hearing that MTA bus wouldn't loan to NYCT unless those buses are old or something I believe.

Weird I'm on 4177 and it has MTA bus on the side. A ton of recently repainted units have MTA bus on the side. Alluding to something?? Either transfer of NGs or possible merger between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Handful of buses from NYCT that have never seen (MTA) bus still read (MTA) bus after repainting, but I know select NGs did see (MTA) bus service.

I'm finding it crazy that the ODD #'s are being delivered and there's not a set of even # seen in New York City as of yet. I hope when Grand Avenue batch of buses come in some of those even #'s will make their way here.

You worry about such trivial things.  What's important is we're getting new buses. I'm sick of riding those old filthy smelly ones.

I'm finding it crazy that the ODD #'s are being delivered and there's not a set of even # seen in New York City as of yet. I hope when Grand Avenue batch of buses come in some of those even #'s will make their way here.

Which is funny because the VINs on these buses are in order and include even numbers:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_5987-6125

You worry about such trivial things. What's important is we're getting new buses. I'm sick of riding those old filthy smelly ones.

You know what. I'll just STFU and not worry what u just said. However, with your rant of being sick ???? of riding filthy buses that's none of my concern. Sorry ???? but not sorry. #endofrant.

Which is funny because the VINs on these buses are in order and include even numbers:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_5987-6125

Just saw the link and it is a bit ironic on how the deliveries are going. However, at least the fleet is coming in at a decent rate.