MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

More than a good chance Cait. If and when woodhaven issues are sorted out artics will definitely push out local buses. The Q53 is going to LG artics or not, so things are going to get interesting next pic.

As far as LG, they may be better in the maintenance dept, but they still have quite a long way to go as they are still at the bottom of the barrel. After doing a maintenance check on the 5100's at EC, EN decided there was no way in hell the wanted them back. Flatbush no longer needs them, Grand could have taken them to bump some older buses but they said hell no too from what I am being told. Only remaining option was LG who has most all the RTS buses in BC Division.

5439 will be here within the next 90 days.

674 and 5989 are in the acceptance process. 5987 failed audit inspection and the rework was incorporated into 5989. 5990 should be next, followed by the rest of the pilots.

This is interesting I though ECH had good maintance, what happened? Personally I feel that they were given crappier buses and blamed it on ECH when they couldn't fix them up to ENY's liking.

Also I personally thought JFK was at the bottom of the barrel but with those XD60's with all the fancy technology and what not in them I guess they better not be half stepping everything.

The 5000's are among the older fleet that will be on their way out soon (along with the 94-9600's, which are already on their way out), so I've never understood what the big deal was with handing down those RTS models.

That's just the thing. The 5000's aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and have already had the retirement deadline pushed back twice from the 2018 to 2019, then late 2019.

677 at JG. 75 buses to JG, rest to WF.

Just as I originally thought! Sweet! To add to that, they just topped it off with fuel literally 5 minutes ago and it should hit the streets tomorrow for driver or maintenance training if all goes as planned.

This is interesting I though ECH had good maintance, what happened? Personally I feel that they were given crappier buses and blamed it on ECH when they couldn't fix them up to ENY's liking.

Also I personally thought JFK was at the bottom of the barrel but with those XD60's with all the fancy technology and what not in them I guess they better not be half stepping everything.

Nah, LG is at the bottom of the barrel still. EC does have good maintenance, but don't hold a candle to the likes of Quill, ENY, Ulmer and Jamaica when it comes to RTS maintenance. Not only that, but EC ran those bad boys hard. All day and all night with the pedal to the metal.

This is just me speculating but considering 677 stays in place....

673-747 to JG

748-810 to WF

It's supposed to be WF first then JG if plans stay the same. WF is in desperate need of buses like right now! The other scenarios was told was possible is JG, WF, JG, WF or JG, WF, JG. Things have constantly changed though, and it took them forever to assign the buses in the first place.

Edited by East New York

Just as I originally thought! Sweet! To add to that, they just topped it off with fuel literally 5 minutes ago and it should hit the streets tomorrow for driver or maintenance training if all goes as planned.

What's the training route? I live in Bay Ridge so going up to say 5th Avenue or Sunset Park isn't a hassle for me...

That's just the thing. The 5000's aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and have already had the retirement deadline pushed back twice from the 2018 to 2019, then late 2019.

Still, that's still on the older end of the fleet, and close to the end of their useful life. I don't see why NYCT has been so protective of them (and even moreso the next older model they're getting rid of now anyway), regarding MTAB garages with poorer maintenance.

What's the training route? I live in Bay Ridge so going up to say 5th Avenue or Sunset Park isn't a hassle for me...

Easiest way to find training buses is wait outside the depot when it swaps drivers and take a photo or whatever when it comes out onto the street, just don't try and photograph the bus while its in the lot.