MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="630046" data-time="1357673279"><p>

Just thought Id let y'all know, and I'm making my last day this coming Sunday & that's it.</p></blockquote>

In all honesty, when I see someone making a whole big deal about them leaving and making final notices, etc... It's like you're seeking for attention, bro... If you dipping, then don't make any noise about it, just go ...

In all honesty, when I see someone making a whole big deal about them leaving and making final notices, etc... It's like you're seeking for attention, bro... If you dipping, then don't make any noise about it, just go ...

Exactly, like when I left Bus/Subchat, I just stopped posting...Peaced Out!

Edited by Vintage Soul

740 has been on the Q35 for a few weeks, but with all the c40lfs at SC, I don't think SC needs it anymore. I'd be surprised that bus stays there when FR reopens. IIRC, I think it did have the SC logos.

I suspect that the O5 CNGs are in service for the same reason the MTA has not retired 1305 and 1306 yet---extra buses needed for the A shuttle post-Superstorm Sandy. When the train is restored, I expect that those buses will be retired.

740 has been on the Q35 for a few weeks, but with all the c40lfs at SC, I don't think SC needs it anymore. I'd be surprised that bus stays there when FR reopens. IIRC, I think it did have the SC logos.

That can't be, that's a CNG bus, which FR don't have the technology for.

That can't be, that's a CNG bus, which FR don't have the technology for.

TTMG for Far Rockaway:

NOTE: Due to the damages caused by Hurricane Sandy, all of Far Rockaway's buses are being housed at JFK Depot until further notice. Some buses may appear with JFK stickers on them, but these buses here are assigned to Far Rockaway.

The CNGs can't stay at FR, since when to they have CNG? I guess it would make sense to assign the O5s to FR for now though, since SC doesn't seem to be using them at all on their own routes.

you might have forgotten FR's buses are at JFK for the time being, and there happens to be a CNG facility near JFK Airport...

Question, and please dont get angry for asking this, but at SC, buses 9832, 9839/40/44/51, are they for service on the 100/103 as well as the FR routes?

There is nothing to get angry over, it is a valid question bro!

These are primarily for use on the FR routes, however it is not totally out the question if one should sneak its way onto a B100 or B103 run as the yard dispatcher sees fit.

There is nothing to get angry over, it is a valid question bro!

These are primarily for use on the FR routes, however it is not totally out the question if one should sneak its way onto a B100 or B103 run as the yard dispatcher sees fit.

So, that leaves about 40 Orion V CNGs left in service (not counting NICE's).