MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I just dislike how some depots like FR have all new buses when depots like LGA or BP and JFK keep getting all these old buses. Why not push some RTS's and other old buses to FR that way all the MTA depots have a similar balanced fleet. LGA already has RTS and beeline Orion's and JFK has 1997 Orion's and RTs's

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

01) There were a few RTS @ MJQ back then

02) LGA doesn't know how to maintain their buses so the MTA doesn't trust them with new ones. just look at the NGs there...

I fail to see much of a difference when it comes to their hybrids. Especially as i am a daily Q39 rider, and Casey Stengel Depot's Q32 and JFK Depot's Q60 routes passes by the college i attend. I've ridden the Q32 sometimes to 82nd St whenever the Q39 takes forever to arrive, or the Q60 to Grand Ave. The RTS buses at LGA are a different story though.

Edited by -CT1660-

I just dislike how some depots like FR have all new buses when depots like LGA or BP and JFK keep getting all these old buses. Why not push some RTS's and other old buses to FR that way all the MTA depots have a similar balanced fleet. LGA already has RTS and beeline Orion's and JFK has 1997 Orion's and RTs's

What are you talking about? LGA and JFK both got NGs and OG hybrids. All FR has is OGs. If anything JFK (200+) and LGA (250+) have the older buses to balance out the new ones. FR (70+) is a smaller depot and even those OGs weren't holding up to the constant use. FR should not get older buses. Edited by Grand Concourse

What are you talking about? LGA and JFK both got NGs and OG hybrids. All FR has is OGs. If anything JFK (200+) and LGA (250+) have the older buses to balance out the new ones. FR (70+) is a smaller depot and even those OGs weren't holding up to the constant use. FR should not get older buses.

Far Rockaway Need to give Basiley Park Back its 3500's, the buses they gave us are Pure Shit, i hate em, they rattle and etc, btw I got a pic of Nova LFSA 5912 training in Jamaica on the Q44, it has the CS stickers as well

Well this is an interesting one

3331 from Baisley Park is at Eastchester. I saw it today on the BxM9 at 96th and 3rd avenue.

The MTA is raping BP of its Buses, Basiley Park is gonna become a dumping Ground for Buses, I already see it, the 3525-3556 batch are horrible, 3523 is the only original one still there, btw I have a feeling those 3500's are going Back to BP, SC is starting to push out their Hybirds

9155 is now at the JFK depot. It was seen (not by me) yesterday on the Q-11. It has JFK stickers on it.

FP original if I remember right... And now 9169 is at ENY too. Gah, was hoping to get a couple B52 or B26 1996 rides but it's really slim pickings at FP now, 9206 and 9219 seem like the only ones seeing regular service (both ex-MHV buses IINM, just reminding everybody B)).

Edited by MHV9218

Goddamn, I gotta ride one already! What routes are they most common on? I was at JFK (airport) the other day and the Q10 was 100% OG/NG Orion VII from what I could see, but I hear they are around on the Q60.

No. Or if they are, they're allergic to me. I've been looking for one for the past few weeks, even during rush hour and all, not one.

No. Or if they are, they're allergic to me. I've been looking for one for the past few weeks, even during rush hour and all, not one.

Not really mostly circulated on the Q8. The 6:18 Q8 run untill next week is one of those 5900s