MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

9331 & 9339 were in manhattan along with 9334 how are you telling me ? i have a picture of 9339 with mhv stickers , and most of the 9300s went to lga , 9339 and 9331 went to lga but it didnt stay for long it only stayed for like a week & left and i saw it there too . I remember these buses when they were brand spankin new . And to prove 9331 went to manhattan heres something for you ........

First all, that is MY video you used. How about a little credit? Better yet, how about asking ahead of time? You KNOW who I am on YouTube.

Second, "Cait Sith" and "TJ Trainman" are correct. NovaBus RTS-06 buses #9331, #9334 and #9339 NEVER went to LGA. They been in Manhattan as we see but NOT to LaGuardia. Why? If you are a TRUE busfan, you would see those #9331 and #9339 with "MTA Bus" logo at ENY, QV and/or FP...like #8912 and #8918 at Flatbush.

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Super O D ! ! !

Gotta step in, this is out of control, just because he made a mistake on what bus went to LGA, doesn't negate questioning his level of being a bus fan, I'm sorry, thats WAY out of line and completely out of pocket.

Nelson is younger than us and is still learning, HELL at my age, I'M STILL LEARNING, and I know my stuff, so come on.

Its Funny How you guys are going nuts over the same bus, an RTS is an RTS, they all have the same package, just different year, I would understand if it was an M11E RTS then i would understand the foam, but come on, just chill relax and enjoy whats going on now because of the buses you guys are going crazy about is going to be gone in the next year or two, relax, we all disagree but is the same shit and as long as the people get to point a to point b, why should it matter, an RTS is an RTS just like an Orion V is an Orion V, I would go hard if I see an Orion V at ENY, then i would understand

Its Funny How you guys are going nuts over the same bus, an RTS is an RTS, they all have the same package, just different year, I would understand if it was an M11E RTS then i would understand the foam, but come on, just chill relax and enjoy whats going on now because of the buses you guys are going crazy about is going to be gone in the next year or two, relax, we all disagree but is the same shit and as long as the people get to point a to point b, why should it matter, an RTS is an RTS just like an Orion V is an Orion V, I would go hard if I see an Orion V at ENY, then i would understand

Everyone is different, you have your loves and everyone else has their loves. And from someone who drives buses and has worked on buses, no two buses are alike. There is always something different from 8798 having a transmission that pulls back into 2nd gear to 5156's Allison sounding like its on meth to 5098 sounding like a Jersey METRO D at speed and so on.

So how can you say something like that. Everyone loves this hobby on a different level and each level needs to be respected.

Me personally, I'm a big Orion 1 and Flx METRO nut, not ashamed to admit I go crazy on a good Orion 1 or Flx Metro ride, but overall I go crazy on a good ride period, even on a Hybrid if it gives me everything I enjoy about a bus.

BTW here is your Orion 5 on a ENY Route...

NYCB_Orion_1990.jpg

Says the person who adores the oldest trains in the system and dislikes most of the new stuff

I dont think 9339 ever went to LGA, nor did it ever come to Manhattan, what are you talking about? The only one that came to Manhattan was 9334.

9339 (and 9331) were at Manhattanville before coming to East New York. 9334 is long gone, and I don't remember seeing 9334 ever at ENY (I did shoot it on the M34 in its final days).

5106 , 9089 , 4316 & 4328 are out of service they are sitting out back in the yard of Ulmer park depot , the left radiator cover on 5106 is off and the panels are hanging but they aren't getting rid of this by ( thank god , just some work needed to be done , the fare box is still in , she should be up & moving by the next few weeks .

5106 was fixed and put back into service..I had it on the B3 last night

It's funny how your going crazy over a R32. A R32 is a R32...

Nuff Said!

Everyone is different, you have your loves and everyone else has their loves. And from someone who drives buses and has worked on buses, no two buses are alike. There is always something different from 8798 having a transmission that pulls back into 2nd gear to 5156's Allison sounding like its on meth to 5098 sounding like a Jersey METRO D at speed and so on.

So how can you say something like that. Everyone loves this hobby on a different level and each level needs to be respected.

Me personally, I'm a big Orion 1 and Flx METRO nut, not ashamed to admit I go crazy on a good Orion 1 or Flx Metro ride, but overall I go crazy on a good ride period, even on a Hybrid if it gives me everything I enjoy about a bus.

NYCB_Orion_1990.jpg

What is the number of that bus?

As far as I know, 9331 is at ENY and 9339 just went to FP. And 9225 is now back at WF......again. smh:confused:

9225 went from ulmer park - east chester - west farms ( they didnt want it ) - ech and then now its @ wf correct?

Yes sir #9200-9224 went to 126 & #9225-9249 went to GH

Actually, 126th St received #9187-9228 and Gun Hill received #9229-9249. In 1997, I remember seeing those buses on the M15 as I was going to band practice at Art and Design H.S. Maybe they started out at Gun Hill but made there way to 126th St.

Since we are talking about the 9200s and this is a thread about bus moves and such, I have a question. What was the cause that had Manhatanville get a good bit of those 92s that were 126s?

I think (and I can be wrong about this) BUT when #9187-9228 along with a few other #9000s left 126th St, they went to Quill as 126th St started getting artics. I believe during that time when Quill received more artics, #9200-9202 and #9204-9224 went to MV while #9225-9228 went to UP. #9203 remained at Quill for a few more years...which that bus became an oddity. Someone else can throw there two cents in but I think that's 75% the reason.

NYCB_Orion_1990.jpg

I wonder if Transit Windsor (in Windsor, ON, just outside Detroit) still running that bus (it was running as of July 2008, but it would now be 22 years old).

Since we are talking about the 9200s and this is a thread about bus moves and such, I have a question. What was the cause that had Manhatanville get a good bit of those 92s that were 126s?

Deliveries of artics. The remans and almost all of the 1986 GMCs at 126 (buses 4508-4553) were also retired because of artic deliveries.