MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

These types of swaps piss me off and it seems like Jamaica Depot always get everyone's leftovers from depots that treat their buses like garbage. First it was the xcelsiors now it's their newest LFS buses. The only buses that pretty much stayed at Jamaica Depot (In my lifetime) from the start to the end was their 5100's RTS with an exception of a few that went to flatbush a few years before they retired.

10 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

These types of swaps piss me off and it seems like Jamaica Depot always get everyone's leftovers from depots that treat their buses like garbage. First it was the xcelsiors now it's their newest LFS buses. The only buses that pretty much stayed at Jamaica Depot (In my lifetime) from the start to the end was their 5100's RTS with an exception of a few that went to flatbush a few years before they retired.

That's going to happen with every depot eventually, so there is no point in getting upset over it. Jamaica is realistically the only logical one between them and QV since QV is already stacked with Novas from every year. Sending them to Jamaica balances the fleet age as well.

4 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Also , you got to look down the line Jamaica is on the verge of becoming an all electric depot. They’re BOUND to get new equipment. So hey let them do they’re swaps but Jamaica is still getting first dibs on new equipment 

6 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

That's going to happen with every depot eventually, so there is no point in getting upset over it. Jamaica is realistically the only logical one between them and QV since QV is already stacked with Novas from every year. Sending them to Jamaica balances the fleet age as well.

Nah this is always an issue. I get it but why they do it but they always give Jamaica run down beat up buses. That's my issue, hopefully it's a small chunk and not the whole 2022 LFS fleet. (MTA) DOB gotta stop with this BS. It doesn't make sense because the buses are being run to the grown regardless if they have high mileage or not. Maintenance is always an issue when it comes to a good portion of depots. 

1 hour ago, R179 8258 said:

Also , you got to look down the line Jamaica is on the verge of becoming an all electric depot. They’re BOUND to get new equipment. So hey let them do they’re swaps but Jamaica is still getting first dibs on new equipment 

They aren't becoming all electric, They are slated to get electric buses  but not become all electric.

Edited by R32 3838

2 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Nah this is always an issue. I get it but why they do it but they always give Jamaica run down beat up buses. That's my issue, hopefully it's a small chunk and not the whole 2022 LFS fleet. (MTA) DOB gotta stop with this BS. It doesn't make sense because the buses are being run to the grown regardless if they have high mileage or not. Maintenance is always an issue when it comes to a good portion of depots. 

They aren't becoming all electric, They are slated to get electric buses  but not become all electric.

Relax fella. Castleton only had a small amount of 2019 units (19 after the moves today) so don't panick about Jamaica losing the coneheads yet. They still have 60.

9 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

No offense bro, but you're being a little dramatic about this. Jamaica's maintenance is pretty high up there in quality, so they'll likely work out all of the issues like they largely did with the Gun Hill Novas. With the way you're going about this, we should all be outraged that our favorite depots are getting beat up buses. At the end of the day, it's not that big of a problem, especially since every depot will eventually get run down equipment from another depot eventually.

Castleton's number of blue LFSs is a low number as well. It won't put that big of a dent into Jamaica's allotment if all 19-20 buses are swapped altogether.

Edited by Cait Sith