MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:12 AM, aemoreira81 said:

9872 in service at Kingsbridge. What changes to the order have happened, given that MHV was initially slated to receive a brand new fleet in one shot?

With BC’s old gens retiring in effect, they need immediate replacements of buses, so this is why MV’s buses are in KB & GH for temporary until their real ones (the missing 96xx for KB & 9891-9910 for GH) show up. Then they’ll go back to MV. The NXGs that are currently in KB & GH, will be going to either BC (the good ones) or scrap (the bad ones) 

Edited by FLX9304

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/17/2022 at 10:12 AM, aemoreira81 said:

9872 in service at Kingsbridge. What changes to the order have happened, given that MHV was initially slated to receive a brand new fleet in one shot?

That's likely temporary since Kingsbridge is missing portions of its original allotment

10 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

That's likely temporary since Kingsbridge is missing portions of its original allotment

I don’t think it’s temporary. I think the MTA doesn’t really care about the fleet number as much as we do on the forum. I think someone said it before that they just want to push the NG to Bus Co. so they can retire they’re OG. And I don’t see the reason to shift buses around because of the fleet numbers. A depot has the exact number of buses they’re suppose to have. They’re probs my going to leave it that way. Pushing everything is computerized 

2 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

I don’t think it’s temporary. I think the MTA doesn’t really care about the fleet number as much as we do on the forum. I think someone said it before that they just want to push the NG to Bus Co. so they can retire they’re OG. And I don’t see the reason to shift buses around because of the fleet numbers. A depot has the exact number of buses they’re suppose to have. They’re probs my going to leave it that way. Pushing everything is computerized 

That's not entirely true either.

The only exception to that would be the XD60 batch 5987-6125, as the even and odd numbered buses in that batch came with slightly different specs, and the Q53 going SBS screwed up their delivery plans.

This is just speculation, but if KB ends up getting their intended full allotment of buses from this batch, the 9600s could end up at Manhattanville. Those 9800s could also be temporary for when their allotment of 9600s finally shows up too, which would end up pushing the 9800s over to Manhattanville.

It's a wait and see game at this point.

12 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

There are actually more LFS HEVs at Kingsbridge than the allotment calls for. They already had 17 before the Options. Since there are 11 Options in service at KB (9825, 9833, 9836, 9839, 9842, 9845, 9850-9851, 9856, 9866, 9872), the depot currently has 28 in service, which is over their allotted 25. Iirc they have received/are supposed to receive a few more 

On 2/20/2022 at 12:01 AM, 1train2255railfan said:

There are actually more LFS HEVs at Kingsbridge than the allotment calls for. They already had 17 before the Options. Since there are 11 Options in service at KB (9825, 9833, 9836, 9839, 9842, 9845, 9850-9851, 9856, 9866, 9872), the depot currently has 28 in service, which is over their allotted 25. Iirc they have received/are supposed to receive a few more 

I actually have 31 LFS HEVs at  KB - 9644, 9648, 9650, 9652-9654, 9656-9664, 9825, 9833, 9836, 9839-9840, 9842, 9845, 9848, 9850-9851, 9856, 9858, 9863, 9866, 9872, 9881.

55 minutes ago, R179 8258 said:

Does anybody know why management at Manhattanville aren’t accepting the HEVs

Most likely there's someone higher in the MTA authority, higher than MTV management sending these extra buses to the BX. I don't think MTV has any say in the matter.

They have 90+ Novas at MTV and they run in service daily, I'd imagine MTV management is quite accepting of the new buses.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Most likely there's someone higher in the MTA authority, higher than MTV management sending these extra buses to the BX. I don't think MTV has any say in the matter.

They have 90+ Novas at MTV and they run in service daily, I'd imagine MTV management is quite accepting of the new buses.

I’ll also say that MTA doesn’t want to do a mass rush of scrapping/retiring NG’s at MHV. By sending the buses temporarily to The Bronx the NG’s can quickly be sent to MTA bus (the good ones) and SCRAP (the bad ones).  

2 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

For the first time there using Logic the Bronx has less then 50 NG left in the boro. Manhattan has enough new buses to hold them over those OG are past life in MTA BUS.

In the NYC Bus side of operations, it's more than that if you count ECH Depot 

2 hours ago, 1998NewFlyer said:

Being that the new Articulated order is for NYCB what's going to happen with the 13 XD60's that are at LaGuardia 

We don’t know, but, they might leave, depending on this order. But, this is just a guess, better get your last 1200 pics and videos. I think they’re going in 2023/2024.

16 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Do any of you realize this is an NYCT order and the only reason NYCT loaned articulateds back in 2017 was to accelerate SBS on the Q52/53? No reason for them to divert the order to MTA Bus.

I had a feeling it’s just an NYCT order. Thanks for the clarification (I didn’t read the signed order thing).