MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2020 at 8:49 PM, danielhg121 said:

Anyone know any info on why the demo express buses failed back in 2018? (Double decker and MCI D45 CRT) double decker I understand would have quite the restriction.

This isn't the thread for this question, but I'll answer it.

Neither of them failed. The double decker actually passed tests outside of height restrictions. 37 buses were originally going to be ordered for the x17J and some of the other via Jersey routes, but that plan was eventually dropped, reason being that those buses would be permanently at Charleston, and they would rack up miles really fast. It made more sense to order standard 45ft coaches.

The D45 CRT LE also passed tests, they were in the bidding wars with Prevost Car Inc. for the latest order for MTA Bus and NYC Bus collectively. Prevost Car Inc. lowballed MCI by 13 million and won the contract, which makes me very skeptical about this new order and how long they will last, because the current batch of 2500s, 2600s and 2700s on Staten Island aren't holding up as well as some people would say....

Rumor is that the MTA didn't want to be the first big buyer of the D45 CRT LE, but I'm not quite sure how true that actually is.....I think AC Transit will be the first big buyer of those CRT LEs with 150 units, but I could be wrong. Prevost was also awarded the contract because the buses will be built in upstate New York, which would allow for more New York State content into the fleet.

On the topic of the D45 CRT LE, we recently had an engineering test bus in the city about a month ago, covered in wires. They were testing the bus out in various areas of the city and collecting data on it, perhaps for future consideration for an order.

10 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

This isn't the thread for this question, but I'll answer it.

Neither of them failed. The double decker actually passed tests outside of height restrictions. 37 buses were originally going to be ordered for the x17J and some of the other via Jersey routes, but that plan was eventually dropped, reason being that those buses would be permanently at Charleston, and they would rack up miles really fast. It made more sense to order standard 45ft coaches.

The D45 CRT LE also passed tests, they were in the bidding wars with Prevost Car Inc. for the latest order for MTA Bus and NYC Bus collectively. Prevost Car Inc. lowballed MCI by 13 million and won the contract, which makes me very skeptical about this new order and how long they will last, because the current batch of 2500s, 2600s and 2700s on Staten Island aren't holding up as well as some people would say....

Rumor is that the MTA didn't want to be the first big buyer of the D45 CRT LE, but I'm not quite sure how true that actually is.....I think AC Transit will be the first big buyer of those CRT LEs with 150 units, but I could be wrong. Prevost was also awarded the contract because the buses will be built in upstate New York, which would allow for more New York State content into the fleet.

On the topic of the D45 CRT LE, we recently had an engineering test bus in the city about a month ago, covered in wires. They were testing the bus out in various areas of the city and collecting data on it, perhaps for future consideration for an order.

That all it really balled down to is political as usual “Buy New York “Orion part 2 smh.

Edited by Nova Fly Guy

2 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

That all it really balled down to is political as usual “Buy New York “Orion part 2 smh.

MCI would've won the contract if Prevost didn't drop their original offer by 13 million and offer a better delivery schedule.

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

It’s back at Fresh Pond today running on the Q54.

Due to driver shortages, it is very possible that 7751 never went to Grand for a day.  Rather it simply was doing trips on the B39 with a FP operator covering.

Right now there is no reason for one depot to be loaning another depot buses since there are less fewer buses needed to provide full service.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

19 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

You really think that huh lol ok I’m leave it be now.

Umm, yeah, the evidence is out there IN PUBLIC for people to read in the board materials.....

And, also, you know....Prevost's original bid was 13.5 million HIGHER than MCI's.....

I swear, you need to stop acting like an ass sometimes and do some research.

10 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Due to driver shortages, it is very possible that 7751 never went to Grand for a day.  Rather it simply was doing trips on the B39 with a FP operator covering.

Right now there is no reason for one depot to be loaning another depot buses since there are less fewer buses needed to provide full service.

I agree! That’s probably exactly what happened. :)

On 4/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Just like how Kawasaki and Bombardier bid for the best build and ditto with New Flyer and Nova, it's the same exact thing with MCI and Prevost.

Now that this is addressed, can you not get off topic?

Didn’t start the off topic and I clearly made a statement and moved on with it so tag the right person thanks a lot bro 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by Nova Fly Guy