Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to work in Staten Island Igor? It has to be the easiest of the 5 boroughs to drive in. Speaking about the union,I believe the contract expires in January of 2009. We shall see what changes come to play. Hopefully for the better. We should find out our scores from exam #8006 next week.

Yes u did brotha!LOL That makes 2 of us, we kicked Moose's butt no doubt :). It was a good day 6.

Today was a great day. i kicked Moose Maze butt, everyone that has been in training knows what i mean! Good luck too all, tomorrow is day 7. Stay sharp and take your time on those turns.

Never heard of Moose's Maze, but I know the B/O qualification, is Moose's program. He recently retired, so I was told. Is this what/who you two are referring to??????

Do drivers get buses to choose from or MTA assigns buses to them? (On the Bx29 this driver always drives 6066 Orion V. ALWAYS.)

Depends on the depot. Some depots can do that. I know Yonkers depot of MTA Bus does this still (a continuation of past Liberty Lines practice). Most of us get whatever they have. In Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, we mostly make reliefs when working the evening shift. So you get whatever, the other operator who you relieve brings. If you are an operator with time on the job, and are cool with the yard man, they will "look out for you". The night (aka hawk) buses out of KB uses the 6000 series for the Bx10, and the 5600-5700series for the Bx41, and Bx9.

Spoiled Island knows of only bladder and bowel reliefs.

PRODEQ!!! HA HA HA I met you the other day. I was the kid going into subway to get something to eat!

Thats funny. Yea MR C is great. He said you guys were a great class. WHich one were you?

Yes I drive the mci's. When I saw you, I was going to do my second half of the X17.

LOCOMOTION: Havent lost it yet, but a woman the other day got really nasty with me.

As a matter of fact, I thought of DOB. I said to myself "well if I let this get to me, I will become miserable like him"! - ha ha just kidding.

Chris.. Pretty good lesson for the newbies.. There are too many miserable ****** out there.. We gotta be better, huh?

well to be honest locomotion69 i never driven in staten island on a bus so i wouldn`t know well about the union let`s hope it goes for the better and the test scores i hope i passed i really need this job mta. exam 8006 test. now i`m working to get a cdl permit

]Just to give everyone a heads up as to where they are on List # 5025. I was down at livingston today for my physical and I start training on May 26th. My list number is 2180. I hope this helps anyone who may need to know.B)

congrats!!! I hope my number comes up soon. I am 2909 on 5025. I am so tired of waiting When did you getcalled to go for the drug test? Good luck and thanks for letting us know

]Just to give everyone a heads up as to where they are on List # 5025. I was down at livingston today for my physical and I start training on May 26th. My list number is 2180. I hope this helps anyone who may need to know.B)

congrats!!! I hope my number comes up soon. I am 2909 on 5025. I am so tired of waiting When did you getcalled to go for the drug test? Good luck and thanks for letting us know

Who are you telling im sick already these old timers need to let it go now i have bill's to pay they will still be getting paid on a monthly basis i just dont know what they are holding on for they are pushing my senority further down the list

I got the letter to go for the drug test last thursday. I went on tuesday. Stay tuned you will get called very soon!

Chris.. Pretty good lesson for the newbies.. There are too many miserable ****** out there.. We gotta be better, huh?

Miserable customers love company. You are it. The customers don't make me miserable. It's the constant fighting in and out of traffic, and other drivers aren't trying to let you move the mass of people you need to move. Why no Yield to Bus laws here, boggles my mind. They have it across the river: http://www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=BusLawTo

I passed my CDL road test in Red Hook this afternoon. Only 5 points deducted. 65 points were deducted my first time. I was very confident and not nervous at all. Thanks for all the help DOB2RTO and Chris. I was so down a few weeks ago after I failed the 1st time. But the main thing is I got back up. So now I have a CDL B/P with (S)endorsement. I am thinking about getting a job that is CDL related,but I know most if not all companies want at least 2 years driving experience(insurance reasons). Bolt bus? lol...Actually Academy buses look nice,I know the pay is probably low,but I want to get some experience driving a bus,even if it is part time only. Anything but a school bus,lol.

I passed my CDL road test in Red Hook this afternoon. Only 5 points deducted. 65 points were deducted my first time. I was very confident and not nervous at all. Thanks for all the help DOB2RTO and Chris. I was so down a few weeks ago after I failed the 1st time. But the main thing is I got back up. So now I have a CDL B/P with (S)endorsement. I am thinking about getting a job that is CDL related,but I know most if not all companies want at least 2 years driving experience(insurance reasons). Bolt bus? lol

Congrats.

I hope there's a person in Brooklyn that rides/drives JG buses here.

Is 804 C40LF modified? It shifted into 4th gear at 40MPH, and it was doing like 70MPH when shifting into 5th gear. There's a 6th gear too, WTF! That's really fast. It did 17MPH in first gear, and 30 in second. It sounded like an average C40LF being floored, really wierd.

Just ride it and look at the speedometer go as it gets floored. You would think you're in a car!

PRODEQ!!! HA HA HA I met you the other day. I was the kid going into subway to get something to eat!

Thats funny. Yea MR C is great. He said you guys were a great class. WHich one were you?

Yes I drive the mci's. When I saw you, I was going to do my second half of the X17.

LOL Its a small world, I have been reading your post since i took the BOSS, and i get to meet you in person, unbelievable. I was the one with the shoe problem. Tan skin spanish guy. The other light skined guy that was with me at subways is on here also, his username is NOFLEXDONT.

Mr.C told us we were a great class after he passed us on day 7. He said we all had potential since day 1 (we had no idea), since we all had experience with large vehicles. I had my CDL since 1999 when i started driving school buses in the westchester area, then i moved to Orlando in 2003 and drove straight trucks until i got the letter to come up for pre-employment. One guy came from Greyhound, another guy drove 18 wheelers and NOFLEXDONT had experience with tanks in the ARMY. But for those who had experience with large vehicles b4, MTA's training is no joke, they want you to drive their way, i felt as if i had never drove a bus before. I had to get rid of all my bad driving habits, and so did my classmates.

We are going into day 10 on monday, they told us someone from HR is coming to talk to us about benefits. Im just woried about what depot to pick on Tuesday.

Yea I remember you. Your the one who pointed to my shoes because you had wore shoes like that the day before and MR C told you that you couldn't wear them. Yea I remember NOFLEXDONT. As a matter of fact, I think he might have e-mailed me with a couple of questions. Yea MR C told me you guys were qualified. I see him ALOT, considering he is a super in yukon depot.

Good luck with everything and tell NOFLEXDONT that I said hi. If you have anymore questions, lol you know who to ask. Literally.

This is a question for any that may be able to help. I have to choose a depot to work out of on tuesday. Im on the MaBSTOA list, i can only choose between Manhattan or Bronx and maybe Brooklyn. What is the best borought to work at, as a probie b/o?

This is a question for any that may be able to help. I have to choose a depot to work out of on tuesday. Im on the MaBSTOA list, i can only choose between Manhattan or Bronx and maybe Brooklyn. What is the best borought to work at, as a probie b/o?

If you're on the MaBSTOA list you can only pick into Manhattan (excluding 126st Depot) or the Bronx. As a probie, IMO you're better off in Manhattan, but I would pick a depot that I live close too. Do you know where they are all located?

Archived