MTA BUS on the B68?

Brighton Local

No nothing new - JG has about 15 CNG O5's from CP and SC.....Even though NYCT and MTAB are separate agencies (union wise)....in the MTA eyes its really all one division..So you will see buses from NYCT and MTAB swapped all the time..

Really the only reason MTAB even exist is because of the unions seniority issues, otherwise everything would be NYCT. If MTA can ever get the union issue solved you will see MTAB go bye bye...its an unnecessary expense to the cash strapped MTA.

No nothing new - JG has about 15 CNG O5's from CP and SC.....Even though NYCT and MTAB are separate agencies (union wise)....in the MTA eyes its really all one division..So you will see buses from NYCT and MTAB swapped all the time..

Really the only reason MTAB even exist is because of the unions seniority issues, otherwise everything would be NYCT. If MTA can ever get the union issue solved you will see MTAB go bye bye...its an unnecessary expense to the cash strapped MTA.

All of the Orion 5 CNGs in JG came from CP, none came from SC.

(W)ell then I can't wait for the RTS's to come on down to College Pt

MTAB is not going Bye Bye so get your sources straight ,If the Union would work as A whole ,that's A different story All together ,Now NYCT puts us down all the time which is why we do the same damn job they do and push and Operate the same way so (W)hoop there it is(K)<R>

TWU lcl 100 (M)ember

Totally agreed, they can swap routes with different depots to better streamline services - Queens could be rearranged among LGA, CP and CS.

Brooklyn, the B100 or the B2 would be axed and the remaining line as the only one standing. Q35 could be split b/w Flatbush and Far Rockaway. Q53 split b/w LGA and FR.

I really wished everything can be merged already.

As for the CNG 98xx buses, it's nothing new. I've seen a few more of them on the B9 lately. I'm just sad to see 317 no longer on the active list. I hope it wasn't sent to ECH.

stop stealin our buses dammit! lol
They were never stolen in the first place. It was more or less a 3-way swap made complicated when LGA no longer was a CNG facility and LGA took on some more local routes from CP:

LGA [takes on more local routes] got diesel buses from WF

WF got CNG buses from CP

CP [takes on some more express routes] got D4500s from LGA

JG has much older CNG buses and is now retiring their oldest O5 CNGs, so they are getting the ex-CP buses to replace them.

(W)ell then I can't wait for the RTS's to come on down to College Pt

MTAB is not going Bye Bye so get your sources straight ,If the Union would work as A whole ,that's A different story All together ,Now NYCT puts us down all the time which is why we do the same damn job they do and push and Operate the same way so (W)hoop there it is(K)<R>

TWU lcl 100 (M)ember

WHOOOAAAAA!!!! CALM DOWN THERE SOLDIER

What other reason can you think of for MTAB to exist except for Unions and Senority issue....Remember when the city first approached the MTA to take over the PBL's, the city was in full agreement of the lines becoming NYCT....It wasnt until the MTA ran it problems with senority issue with both PBL and NYCT unions. Did they come up with MTAB....

Trust me if the MTA can find away to resovle union issue around merger...YOU WILL BE DRIVING UNDER ONE BRAND....MTAB is unnecessarry everything will become NYCT as it should be ONE BRAND!

WHOOOAAAAA!!!! CALM DOWN THERE SOLDIER

What other reason can you think of for MTAB to exist except for Unions and Senority issue....Remember when the city first approached the MTA to take over the PBL's, the city was in full agreement of the lines becoming NYCT....It wasnt until the MTA ran it problems with senority issue with both PBL and NYCT unions. Did they come up with MTAB....

Trust me if the MTA can find away to resovle union issue around merger...YOU WILL BE DRIVING UNDER ONE BRAND....MTAB is unnecessarry everything will become NYCT as it should be ONE BRAND!

I see your point on Union issues ,(H)owever everyone under MTAB gets Transits rules so it's more of A (MTA) (M)atter and how they treat us .

I trust on day soon ,(W)e all will be NYCT .

It pisses me off when Transit seems to have it better then us and we do the same job they do.

This caught me at a surprise on Saturday Afternoon in Brighton. Quick cell photo shot.

Ex-(MTA) Bus on the B68 out of Jackie Gleason....

Is this new guys?

(Picture of 9852 removed)

Zach

FALSE ADVERTISING! The sides say MTA Bus, but the rear says MTA New York City Bus.

Gleason started getting 9800s during the fall and has had as many as 17, with currently 13 there. All of them were relabeled to New York City Bus except 9852 (except the rear), 9845, and 9848.

9848 also has not been repainted since its Queens Surface days if at all; all of the other ex-Queens Surface buses at Gleason are repaints.

As for why there is MTA Bus versus MTA New York City Bus---MTA Bus is what the city completely subsidizes.

Totally agreed, they can swap routes with different depots to better streamline services - Queens could be rearranged among LGA, CP and CS.

Brooklyn, the B100 or the B2 would be axed and the remaining line as the only one standing. Q35 could be split b/w Flatbush and Far Rockaway. Q53 split b/w LGA and FR.

I really wished everything can be merged already.

As for the CNG 98xx buses, it's nothing new. I've seen a few more of them on the B9 lately. I'm just sad to see 317 no longer on the active list. I hope it wasn't sent to ECH.

They can also send the Q39 and Q67 to Fresh Pond.

I see your point on Union issues ,(H)owever everyone under MTAB gets Transits rules so it's more of A (MTA) (M)atter and how they treat us .

I trust on day soon ,(W)e all will be NYCT .

It pisses me off when Transit seems to have it better then us and we do the same job they do.

The next step in (MTA) Regional Bus is ideally to merge (MTA) Bus and (MTA) NYC Bus, but that depends on if the union issues (regarding seniority and other issues) can be resolved between the two agencies.

They can also send the Q39 and Q67 to Fresh Pond.

The next step in (MTA) Regional Bus is ideally to merge (MTA) Bus and (MTA) NYC Bus, but that depends on if the union issues (regarding seniority and other issues) can be resolved between the two agencies.

Vis a vis merging, I believe it has less to do with union issues and more to do with funding (since Long Island Bus would also be merged)...i.e., the city doesn't want its money going to subsidize N-series routes.

Vis a vis merging, I believe it has less to do with union issues and more to do with funding (since Long Island Bus would also be merged)...i.e., the city doesn't want its money going to subsidize N-series routes.

Not true at all....One more time...Originally the City was in FULL AGREEMENT that the lines would become NYCT everything was a go for NYCT to absorb the PBL's...It wasn't until both Unions (NYCT and PBLs) started barking about there senority, the MTA came up with MTAB....

The City does fund part of NYCT and their not worried about that money going to LIB...LIB will remain a sparate agency because it covers a totally different market from NYCT and MTAB which both operate in the same territories....MTAB and NYCT need to become one, so there can be streamlining and money can stop being wasted running 2 agencies, the riding public dont even know the difference its all the (MTA) to them, and from the way the (MTA) is going about it its all the same to them too...Right now the only thing separating NYCT from MTAB is MTAB doesnt do front end ad's and I dont think that's going to be too much longer.

Archived