Q44 Route Discrepancy

Amtrak7

Looking at the Queens Bus Map on the MTA site, I notice something:

The northbound Q44 uses Main St north of Roosevelt Av.

The timetable agrees, and Google Transit shows the Q44 serving those stops. In real life, though, we know the bus makes that awful tight turn. Why does the MTA does not show it on the map/schedule?

The timetable agrees, and Google Transit shows the Q44 serving those stops. In real life, though, we know the bus makes that awful tight turn.

If there's one word that describes the Q44, it's 'awful'. That bus is probably the main reason why I drive a car today.

But yeah, bring it to the MTA's attention and they should make the correction.

Chalk it up to laziness. The same situation exists with the (Z) stopping at Alabama Avenue, while maps say it doesn't.

True that...even the strip maps on a 160 (Z) doesn't show Alabama Avenue as a stop, but at Broadway Junction, it will announce it if it's chosen to stop there.

• 4 weeks later...
Looking at the Queens Bus Map on the MTA site, I notice something:

The northbound Q44 uses Main St north of Roosevelt Av.

The timetable agrees, and Google Transit shows the Q44 serving those stops. In real life, though, we know the bus makes that awful tight turn. Why does the MTA does not show it on the map/schedule?

Actually, it's not a mistake. Technically the route is on a detour that has never ended. From what I have been told from other B/O's is that there was a construction project a few years ago that made it necessary for the Q44/20 route and Northbound bus stop be moved onto Roosevelt Ave.

For reasons only the (MTA) DOB knows, the detour has become the official route for now. We all have or theories as why they kept it this way, but I don't know for sure.

So the bus map is right, Google transit is right, but if it's still a detour to the (MTA), then it isn't a mistake to them, and they of course are always right.

Archived