Boy’s Leg Is Severed in Tunnel on N Line

ColumbiaDeath

If he were a bit smarter, he would not have been on the tracks at all.

If he were a lot smarter, he would not have been doing graffiti at all.

ROAR

I would modify that a tiny bit, as follows...

If he were a bit Wiser, he would not have been on the tracks at all.

If he were a lot Wiser, he would not have been doing graffiti at all.

If he were a bit smarter, he would have known where to safely stand.

If he were a lot smarter, he would have timed is movements based upon repeated observations of the train patterns.

:)

If they were a bit smarter they wouldn't have gotten hit.

If he were a bit smarter, he would not have been on the tracks at all.

If he were a lot smarter, he would not have been doing graffiti at all.

ROAR

If he were a lot smarter, he would have timed is movements based upon repeated observations of the train patterns.

:)

No no, if he was a bit smarter, he should have found new friends.

I couldn't imagine his leg getting cut off until I realized that the shoe got him. It sucks to see that he wound up disabled in the course of a couple seconds. However, his own common sense failed him in the end and that's the price he pays for it.

If he were a lot smarter, he would have timed is movements based upon repeated observations of the train patterns.:)

there are no set patterns. trains can move in any direction at any time with out notice. thats one of the first things taught at track safety. if he had common sense he would have never left the platform. i feel he has learned his lesson with his own blood. good for him.

However, his own common sense failed him in the end and that's the price he pays for it.

As he limps around for thr the rest of his life he will remember this...

Hes lucky the "last" time a teeanger was down there on the roadbed and something went wrong she wound up in iddy diddy little peices...

Maybe somebody should take a picture of the missing leg in the hospital and put it all over the stations as a reminder for those Idiots dumb enough to play around on the tracks...

However, his own common sense failed him in the end and that's the price he pays for it.

Hes lucky the "last" time a teeanger was down there on the roadbed and something went wrong she wound up in iddy diddy little peices...

Maybe somebody should take a picture of the missing leg in the hospital and put it all over the stations as a reminder for those Idiots dumb enough to play around on the tracks...

i'm with you on that 100% on that

were they on the northbound track or southbound track and on what end of station when his leg got cut off.

Northbound side. R160 Kawasaki slice that left leg.

He was hit on the N/B track but ended up on the S/B express track. The kid is lucky to be alive, he should have been zapped when the shoe clipped him but he managed to survive. Those tunnels and over passes on the Sea Beach have almost no room to clear up.

No need to be so harsh guys. You don't know his life situation. Surly it was a stupid idea to go down their in the first place but I'm sure the victim learned from this, hopefully he will move on to be a smarter person. But I also hope this plays as an example to others-think twice before you do something that puts your life in danger.

Excellent point! People needs to see the harsh realities like those graphic smoking ads and the after effects from surgeries.

No no, if he was a bit smarter, he should have found new friends.

I couldn't imagine his leg getting cut off until I realized that the shoe got him. It sucks to see that he wound up disabled in the course of a couple seconds. However, his own common sense failed him in the end and that's the price he pays for it.

LION wondered about that shoe, but today NETO posted some pix on SubChat, and it shows that those R-160 shoes are different from the older cast iron shoes. Those suckers look SHARP like a knife.

ROAR

Those suckers look SHARP like a knife.

ROAR

I saw one that had worn down so bad that not only was there a hole it is, but it was extremely sharp because of the way they wear down. Imagine that hitting you at 25-30 MPH, it won't tear your leg off, it will just slice it off.

Excellent point! People needs to see the harsh realities like those graphic smoking ads and the after effects from surgeries.

I've always felt that's the best way to get people to listen. You can tell a kid not to touch fire 500 times but until he burns his hand he doesn't know why and he's not gonna take you seriously. You can tell him not to play in traffic or not go on subway tracks or you can show him a video of someone getting hit, and a picture of the aftermath and he can learn the lesson forever. Having a healthy respect for things that can f*** you up is part of survival and part of growing up into a responsible adult. Those who take unnecessary risks used to just get weeded out of the population but it seems that now since lawsuits are the order of the day, a lot of people's time gets wasted after the fact because they chose to learn something the hard way they should have learned years ago.

You're not smarter than the train. You're not smarter than electricity. You're not smarter than heat. You're not smarter than traffic. You're not smarter than death. Simple as that. Those that don't learn can die or walk around like gimps for the rest of their lives. Accidents happen we get that, but something caused by someone's own stupidity isn't an accident. That's not being insensitive that's being a survivalist and if you don't have the common sense to do what it takes to keep yourself alive no one else is going to do it for you.

I saw one that had worn down so bad that not only was there a hole it is, but it was extremely sharp because of the way they wear down. Imagine that hitting you at 25-30 MPH, it won't tear your leg off, it will just slice it off.

Ouch.jpg

Ouch!

No need to be so harsh guys. You don't know his life situation. Surly it was a stupid idea to go down their in the first place but I'm sure the victim learned from this, hopefully he will move on to be a smarter person. But I also hope this plays as an example to others-think twice before you do something that puts your life in danger.

Life can be harsh and he found that out....

Hes still an Idiot with ONE leg now....

Sorry it is what it is...

If he wants sympathy from me, he'll have to look in the dictionary between s*** and syphillis.

I sent the article to my fiance, and she said she felt bad for him. I reminded her that he made a conscious decision to break the law and trespass to cause vandalism. Her retort is that he went to "beautify" the subways; I told her I'd remember that if some punk ever tagged our house. Then again, she used to hang out with graffiti artists back in the day, so I digress.

He broke the law, and intended to break others. He got what he deserved; it's called personal responsibility.

Seems like the two of you don't see eye to eye on this issue, may I ask what you two have in common? :)

Archived