The Official R160 Delivery Thread

R33WF

I would like to know you source to your arrogance and cockiness about the third option order of R160s not happening, since that is your claim.:mad:

what happened to that source i posted like 3-4 times, did you even look at that???

so here it is AGAIN:

http://www.pcac.org/nyctrc/meetings-and-minutes/minutes-102009/

In response to Mr. Strauss’ question as to why they just don’t produce more R160 cars, Mr. Grill said that there was a move in the federal stimulus debate to allow non-competitive, sole source procurements but that the effort failed and this process is not typically permitted under federal law.

Ellyn Shannon asked that if NYC Transit does hold focus groups on new car designs that the Council be allowed to observe the proceedings. Mr. Sansone said the R179 is a follow up to the R160. He said there are many changes that are invisible to the rider that have already been made to the design such as reducing the weight of the car. He said they are investigating the use of LED lights and will write the Council at the point the when the design team is ready for them to be looked at. He also said the pole design may be changed and the designers will definitely consult the Council on this issue.

That means the R179's will look almost identical to the R160's and the typical rider won't be able to tell the difference. So what's the big deal with whether or not there will be a third option (which in this article is stated to be dead)?

So like everyone says, GET OVER IT and MOVE ON.

AND DON'T MAKE ME POST THIS AGAIN!!!!!!:mad:

oh, and seeing as R33WF hasn't posted his vids yet, here, i'm sure he'll repost them anyway:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what happened to that source i posted like 3-4 times, did you even look at that???

so here it is AGAIN:

That means the R179's will look almost identical to the R160's and the typical rider won't be able to tell the difference. So what's the big deal with whether or not there will be a third option (which in this article is stated to be dead)?

Okay, I get it this time and i now understand, Thank you for the help.:tup:

so here it is AGAIN:

oh, and seeing as R33WF hasn't posted his vids yet, here, i'm sure he'll repost them anyway:

Why did you post R33WF's videos? If he wanted to post them now, he would have done so already.

Why did you post R33WF's videos? If he wanted to post them now, he would have done so already.

I respect that opinion, but i'm sure he wouldn't mind, and if he does, he can tell me himself.

As for you, why did you have to quote the videos as well? Waste of space and virtual memory.

I respect that opinion, but i'm sure he wouldn't mind, and if he does, he can tell me himself.

As for you, why did you have to quote the videos as well? Waste of space and virtual memory.

Don't change the subject.

Besides, it's over with now.

Are there enough R160s ordered to retire all the R44s completely?

Yes, but the R32s and R42s are ALL being kept since there are not enough R160s to retire BOTH R32s, R42s and R44s COMPLETELY.

Are there enough R160s ordered to retire the remaining R32s and R42s that are left in the property?

Yes, that was the original plan. However, now that the R44s are being retired instead, all the remaining R32s and R42s are being kept.

Are there enough R160s ordered to retire all of the R44 cars?:confused:

Affirmative. But since the number of R160s was not intended to replace all Div B car classes from the R32s to the R44s, the next fleet (the R179s) is destined to retire the remaining SMEEs that are not retired yet. Currently there is no information on the R179s yet, but that is what they are supposed to replace, looking from this scenario.

Are there enough R160s ordered to retire all the R44s completely?
4:38

Are there enough R160s ordered to retire the remaining R32s and R42s that are left in the property?
6:03

Are there enough R160s ordered to retire all of the R44 cars?:confused:

6:17

Your question will be answered, you don't need to post the same questions again that are not even 2 hours apart.

The 9940 series R160s are now at ENY...however, they won't be kicking anything out because they'll most likely be for the new (M), meaning that the R42s on the (J) will still be around. A T/O on SubChat posted pics of the consist already, 9943-9950.

Oh snap, NETO said it doesn't have the (M) programming...

They don't; it has the (V) programming though B)

Speaking of which, the (V) was basically a line that the TA could have done anything with. The original conception of the (V) when new signs were ordered was for it to travel from any the Bronx (Concourse) and head to Canarsie. They have (V) programming to Canarsie, but Metro Avenue I doubt. Regardless they now have to make (M) recordings to Forest Hills. It may take a while for them to have the recordings ready...I only wonder, will they be ready by June come the changes?

This discussion has gone downhill :tdown: Let's keep the peace, please. I would rather not have any more R-160s. I say the R-160s won't be ordered anymore after 9974.

It really depends. Right now, it looks like the R179 will replace the remaining SMEEs and such, but that's our only guess. The books may say there will not be any more R160 orders, but things can change without notice.

They don't; it has the (V) programming though B)

Speaking of which, the (V) was basically a line that the TA could have done anything with. The original conception of the (V) when new signs were ordered was for it to travel from any the Bronx (Concourse) and head to Canarsie. They have (V) programming to Canarsie, but Metro Avenue I doubt. Regardless they now have to make (M) recordings to Forest Hills. It may take a while for them to have the recordings ready...I only wonder, will they be ready by June come the changes?

Beats me. Don't forget though. The other lines have to be reprogrammed to list the new transfers.

It really depends. Right now, it looks like the R179 will replace the remaining SMEEs and such, but that's our only guess. The books may say there will not be any more R160 orders, but things can change without notice.

I've stated already, Option 3 is basically dead. I wouldn't get my hopes up on seeing anymore of them, not because I don't care for em, but because no money is coming towards the MTA's way to bail them out from stopping these cuts so what makes anyone think they can get money for ordering trains?

Beats me. Don't forget though. The other lines have to be reprogrammed to list the new transfers.

That too.

Archived