Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Might as well say it.... my fiancee and I recently went through a similar situation where this loser upstairs is blasting music at 5AM in the morning! Being that because she cannot sleep all night and now even afraid to go to sleep, I nearly lost it, went up on the next floor, kicked his door and told him that if he does that shit again he is going to see what will happen and it will NOT involve the police. He said what you gonna do about it, all flexin and shit. I said you are going to find out fast if you continue with this shit! I dont want to have to have MG and 8Ball blasting through my f**king ceiling at 5AM in the morning. I can have a very bad temper along with a lack of patience.

He did'nt call the cops but my fiancee did. The police officers showed up and then ordered the fool to turn the music down. That's how I began to see for sure how the noise control laws work. I complained to the landlord. And now he may get evicted, albiet for different reasons because he was delinquent on the rent. Not sure how much time the judge may give this bafoon, it could be one month, 3 months or 6 months.

Unfortunately, even as PO's can enforce certain noise control laws, the part on the delinquency on rent is a civil matter that has to be settled in court. And this retard of a tenant in my two family house I am at is protected by sqatter rights.

Anyway, Grand Concourse, the NYPD must enforce noise control laws. They will certinatly break up the house parties by force if these laws are violated. I can guarantee you that. What you need to do GC is NOT call 311, but instead call 911 and they will redirect you to the local police department -or- you can get the number of the precient and call them directly.

Congratulations!

On another note, I am currently in McDonalds on my annual Shamrock Shake trip. yay!

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!

On another note, I am currently in McDonalds on my annual Shamrock Shake trip. yay!

Thanks man!

I meant to say this but I agree with Joel Up Front. The Mickey D's coffee really is'nt that bad. But that would be all I may actually eat from McDonalds aside from the apple pies, I don't trust what they serve with the conditions they may have in their kitchens. I always stick with good old small coffee light and sweet at the local deli. Always sets me straight in the morning unless I make my own and toss it in a thermos.

Edited by realizm

Saw an illegal NYPD checkpoint set up on Trinity Place earlier, they were pulling over and searching almost all out-of-state cars (I even heard them mention out of state cars once or twice) and even some trucks. Just a shame that they can get away with doing that and no one stands up for their rights, they all just let them go through their cars...

Remember the 4th Amendment guys, that's all I have to say.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

The catch to this is that since he is protected by law it would take many court actions that the bank may have to be responsible for who is reponsible for the foreclosure if not the city. It's again a process that only the owner of the house (if he or she is even interested in dealing with the situation), the bank who is repossesing the house or the city can handle. But you as the neighbor have your rights as well in regards to noise control. So get going with a plan and use your playing cards to get this guy to stop with his bullshit. Just make sure to keep a cool head and be patient.

yeah, I'm fuming mad, but my neighbors are all in agreement that guy needs to go. I'm not going to do anything rash and stuff I might regret. My other neighbor did say there have been cops that have visited that house before, so it isn't like they don't have a record on them. I'm just hoping the cops takes action soon because I can't deal with this crap for another month and 3 days strait.

Via g: Yeah, my other neighbors I'm cool with from the start when I moved here. We tend to watch out for each other. It was actually from them how I found out about the whole situation regarding the pos. funny you mention property values, there's another house a few doors away that's up for sale. I would think it'd be in their best interest for them to make sure he is gone as well. I've seen a few families looking at the house and can't imagine why they'd want to move in if this guy next door is still here.

Edited by Grand Concourse

yeah, I'm fuming mad, but my neighbors are all in agreement that guy needs to go. I'm not going to do anything rash and stuff I might regret. My other neighbor did say there have been cops that have visited that house before, so it isn't like they don't have a record on them. I'm just hoping the cops takes action soon because I can't deal with this crap for another month and 3 days strait.

Via g: Yeah, my other neighbors I'm cool with from the start when I moved here. We tend to watch out for each other.

Yeah I know you must be ready to blow a gasket with these lowlives but the worst thing you can do GC is to go there and start a confrontation, cause mad wreck, then the cops may arrest you instead, charged with either battery or assault which are felonies. You're on the right track, keep a cool head.

Advice: Use earplugs to drown out the noise. If you have to resort to sleep medication temporarily just so you can rest between shifts at work then do so. Either OTC meds or see a doctor and get Ambien or a benzodiazepine or something to calm your nerves. You're already doing it, but play mellow calming tunes that will keep you calm and give you peace of mind. It is what it is. If all you got is lemons, make lemonade.

Above all you have community support. That's great. Work with it, it seems there is some light at the end of the tunnel with your dillemna. One of these days you may look back andt this and laugh cause it was an experience that made you stronger in the long run. Wiser, knowing howto help others going through what you are dealing with in the future.

I don't think I need any of that stuff, radio play is fine.

No, I understand, a confrontation is the last thing is want to do for a few reasons: they outnumber me at least 3+ vs 1, I dunno if they have guns or other weapons, they are pretty big people.

OK then definitetly see if the community watch can have a meeting over this and put together a think tank, come up with plans, then implement them. Two heads are better then one, know what I mean? Also as you been doing, do your homework and implement that too. If you provide enough information you are building a cease where the agencies and law enforcement will have to do something about this as was discussed in detail. I know it's a battle, the system sucks.

I think that should be the plan of action short of coming at them with brass knuckles and a bat only to be thrown in Rikers for something they are doing to you in provocation. And as I advised call the police directly at your precient, and also file police reports at your local station. Documenting this builds up a case.

Edited by realizm

Reading the Daily News ritualistically over my cup of coffee (or two or three) this morning I came across an article on Bloomberg during a march on St. Patrick Day 2013. So first he gets boos while at a rally @ a Marther Luther King Event in Brooklyn, then again in Harlem, and now at the St. Patrick's Day parade, yesterday in the Rockaways. Yeah he seems to be quite a popular guy among New Yorkers as the reaction shows. Lol.

Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/bloomberg-booed-st-patrick-day-parade-rockaways-article-1.1277867

parade3n-1-web.jpg
Crowds booing Mayor Michael Bloomberg as they watch him march in the Saint Patrick's Day Parade held today in Far Rockaways. Photo taken along Newport Avenue on March 2, 2013.

parade3n-2-web.jpg
Julia Xanthos/New York Daily NewsMayor Michal Bloomberg and Christine Quinn marched in the Saint Patrick's Day Parade held today in Far Rockaways. Photo taken along Newport Avenue on March 2, 2013.

Mayor Bloomberg was dogged by jeers as he marched in a St. Patrick’s Day parade through the Rockaways, booed by some residents frustrated with the city’s response to Hurricane Sandy.

The parade was a welcome break for the Queens neighborhoods devastated by the storm but the dozens of boarded-up businesses and damaged homes along the route were a symbol of the work that still needed to be done — and the raw feelings of the locals.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/bloomberg-booed-st-patrick-day-parade-rockaways-article-1.1277867#ixzz2MTrDNdYh

Edited by realizm

Well i'm a very good teen. Get good grades, has responsibility, and common sense. Also I have a lot of manners.

So i guess good kids should deserve good things. 

Indeed, as in a career for the sake of job security, money and satisfaction. If you can nail that believe me you will go places around the world.

Who the hell names a road Force Tube Avenue? How about Shades of Death Road? I can imagine anybody who lives on those roads probably doesn't have many visitors. :o

I would never live on a road called "Shades of Death Rd" No No No.

Nah, elm st is still the worst, lol.

How about 1313 Mockingbird Lane? Anybody get the reference? :)