Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah me too...

Feeling a bit weak because I'm not feeling at 100% at the moment... How about you?

I hope you feel better! and I'm bored lol. I have no school monday, so it doesn't matter if I stay up late or not...

I love catholic school and the constant off days :D

I hope you feel better! and I'm bored lol. I have no school monday, so it doesn't matter if I stay up late or not...

I love catholic school and the constant off days :D

Thanks! I remember when I tried Catholic school when I was younger... To be honest, I prefer public school... Less strict in my opinion... Plus I'm not that religious...

Get well soon!

I'm in the same group, so bored. So much to do (photos and cleaning up some old stuff), I just keep putting it off.

Thanks! I had to put so much stuff off since I became sick.... My doc says I should be better soon! Tired of not being able to do stuff I want to do...

Thanks! I remember when I tried Catholic school when I was younger... To be honest, I prefer public school... Less strict in my opinion... Plus I'm not that religious...

No problem! I've never been to public school and probably won't until college (I'm a Junior).. Eh my school isn't very strict and I'm not really religious either lol..

No problem! I've never been to public school and probably won't until college (I'm a Junior).. Eh my school isn't very strict and I'm not really religious either lol..

Ah I see! I know some Catholic schools are pretty strict (Like the one I tried) But it's good to hear that your school isn't like that! Got to wear a uniform eh?

Ah I see! I know some Catholic schools are pretty strict (Like the one I tried) But it's good to hear that your school isn't like that! Got to wear a uniform eh?

Yeah, but we have dress down days. Yeah the uniform is easy for me cuz i've been in catholic school for 13 years. I wear a T-shirt under my uniform and a pair of jeans in my bag (unless it is a dress down day) on fridays and half days, where I know I will definetly be staying out late, so it isn't a problem.

Actually, some public schools are jumping on the bandwagon (mostly elementary school). My old school was starting to do it, but nobody really wore them. Then at one of the schools I tutored at, most of the kids wore a uniform. Those were pretty well-behaved kids. I was impressed that when we would have breaks or whatever, they would sit there with their hands folded. (Well, at least the ones I was tutoring). There's another school in that neighborhood that apparently got school uniforms recently, because this is the first year I saw kids wearing dress shirts and all that. I never really saw the point in having school uniforms, but whatever. I don't care about "expressing individuality" and all that, but it's just a PITA to always have the uniform ready instead of putting on the first clothes you see.

I kinda prefer uniforms. Beats having to have 50 shirts so that other kids don't wonder "why can't so and so afford more than 10 different shirts" or "why is so and so wearing the same thing 2 days in a row...".

Eh, I was never into fashion or anything, so I was basically that kid you're describing. Nobody ever bothered me about it.

I detest uniforms. I wore them my first 2 years of Jr H.S. Anyway, back then you could tell who didn't have many shirts/pants based on the wear of their clothing. Anyway, regarding alternation of clothing, I have 3 or 4 shirts/pants in my wardrobe that don't look worn out, so yeah I'm kinda broke. I don't care what anyone says, they aren't buying my clothes (unless they offer).

I detest uniforms. I wore them my first 2 years of Jr H.S. Anyway, back then you could tell who didn't have many shirts/pants based on the wear of their clothing. Anyway, regarding alternation of clothing, I have 3 or 4 shirts/pants in my wardrobe that don't look worn out, so yeah I'm kinda broke. I don't care what anyone says, they aren't buying my clothes (unless they offer).

I wore them the first 8 years of school (PS/ES) of my life. Consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, but we have dress down days. Yeah the uniform is easy for me cuz i've been in catholic school for 13 years. I wear a T-shirt under my uniform and a pair of jeans in my bag (unless it is a dress down day) on fridays and half days, where I know I will definetly be staying out late, so it isn't a problem.

Yeah I don't mind uniforms... Had to wear them when I was in elementary school... It was a Yellow/Blue/White (any of those colors were your choice) shirt with a tie and blacks pants with black shoes... For females, it was the same choice of colors for shirts, a ribbon on their shirt, a long skirt and female shoes...

Actually, some public schools are jumping on the bandwagon (mostly elementary school). My old school was starting to do it, but nobody really wore them. Then at one of the schools I tutored at, most of the kids wore a uniform. Those were pretty well-behaved kids. I was impressed that when we would have breaks or whatever, they would sit there with their hands folded. (Well, at least the ones I was tutoring). There's another school in that neighborhood that apparently got school uniforms recently, because this is the first year I saw kids wearing dress shirts and all that. I never really saw the point in having school uniforms, but whatever. I don't care about "expressing individuality" and all that, but it's just a PITA to always have the uniform ready instead of putting on the first clothes you see.

MS and HS are starting to do the same... After I graduated HS, It went uniform... I heard the first year, Almost no one wore a uniform... By the second year, it was enforce with detetion IIRC... True and you had to make sure your uniform was clean...

I kinda prefer uniforms. Beats having to have 50 shirts so that other kids don't wonder "why can't so and so afford more than 10 different shirts" or "why is so and so wearing the same thing 2 days in a row...".

I know what you mean... Some kids would make fun of other kids because of that... When I was younger, I hated uniforms.... As I grew older, I started to not mind them...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I wore them the first 8 years of school (PS/ES) of my life. Consider yourself lucky.

same here.... from kindergarten to 8th grade.

Was so relieved when I went to public high school; aint have to deal with wearing uniforms from 8am-3pm, 5 days a week no more.... It sucked having to come home to your homies after school on the block already in their own clothes/play clothes playing 'ball or football, and there I was having to throw down my bag, change clothes, then come back outside to hang......

As a whole, I don't mind uniforms, they aren't a bad thing. I mean, I'd rather have everyone wear the same thing than have others being teased for not having enough clothes or not wearing certain clothes. I see it as a small sacrifice, considering in Catholic school there are major perks, such as random off days (such as today, my school is closed today), longer holidays, the school year ends a bit earlier, stuff like that, that means more to me than clothes tbh.

Edited by Astoria Line

As a whole, I don't mind uniforms, they aren't a bad thing. I mean, I'd rather have everyone wear the same thing than have others being teased for not having enough clothes or not wearing certain clothes. I see it as a small sacrifice, considering in Catholic school there are major perks, such as random off days (such as today, my school is closed today), longer holidays, the school year ends a bit earlier, stuff like that, that means more to me than clothes tbh.

Straight sign of the times....

See, that's the thing....Around the time I was in grade school, private school kids would get picked on by public school kids....

Public school kids on the same bus/subway car as private school kids, forget about it... One way or another, the private school kids would catch flack from public school kids....

Nowadays, public school kids don't pick on kids in private schools near as much... they're too busy raggin on each other (regarding clothing or whatever else)....

In either case, both are effed up situations kids had/have to go through in their scholastic lives.....

It depends on who you ask, and for what reason they favor/dislike uniforms......