Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Omg, ever since I switched to Fios last year, Optimum has been harassing me non stop about switching back. They keep saying they'll offer to pay for my cancelation fees with Fios. They don't know when to take no for an answer and just go away. I'll think about it after my 2 yr trial with Fios is done. But so far why would I want to give up a package where I have practically all the premium movie channels for free during this time? No thanks CV, I'll stick with what I have now and not worry about down time on the internet late at night or during one week some years back.

I was never a customer of theirs which is why I find their mailings even more annoying. It just says "Resident" or whatever but still. I'm like how do you expect anyone to want your service after you harass them with that garbage? I saw an Optimum truck on my block the other day and I wanted to take something and throw it at the truck. PITA. :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's funny about this?

When I lived in the city I actually wanted Optimum, but they said "No" because I was in Manhattan.

But anyways the original reason I posted here:

I was watching Dr. Phil (don't judge), and he was talking to this girl who found out that her father wasn't her real father, and she became anorexic, and had a child at a young age just because (and I quote) "She wanted someone to love her"

All I could think when I was watching that was this:

"Tonight on: White People Problems"

You know what's funny about this?

When I lived in the city I actually wanted Optimum, but they said "No" because I was in Manhattan.

But anyways the original reason I posted here:

I was watching Dr. Phil (don't judge), and he was talking to this girl who found out that her father wasn't her real father, and she became anorexic, and had a child at a young age just because (and I quote) "She wanted someone to love her"

All I could think when I was watching that was this:

"Tonight on: White People Problems"

It's because Time Warner has a monopoly in Manhattan and parts of Queens and maybe the Bronx. And Cablevision is Brooklyn, Queens and parts of the bronx. I dunno about SI, that's either one of them or both.

It's hard to believe, but Xfinity is actually SLOWER than Optimum. I was stuck with the former for a week when I went on vacation near Cape May.

Yeah, combine that with Windows XP + IE6 (One of the older ones), then get back to me.

Three SNL thoughts here:

1. Why is Fred Amersin no longer doing Obama? I thought he was doing a fine job, but Jay Pharoah's ok too.

2. I find it funny on the season finale they did this huge thing for Kristen Wiig, but not for Abby Elliot, or Andy Samberg.

3. I'm glad in the new episode, all of the new cast members got a part. I remember last season, half of the new members never got a part, which is probably why only Jay Pharoah, Taran Killam, and Vanessa Bayer are still there.

I stubbed my toe this weekend and it still hurts. I heard a really loud bang (and my foot wasn't even moving that fast when it hit the wall), so I hope nothing's broken or anything (I mean, even after putting ice on it, it still hurt). It doesn't interfere with my movement (It was my pinky toe), so hopefully it's nothing.

Now I know why gangs were created: People weren't keeping to their word about paying money they owed. $20 means $20 each, you motherf****rs. :angry:

Of course, every time I see them, they start pointing fingers at each other saying the other person was the one with the (remaining) money, or they make up excuses. Yeah, suddenly after I ask for the remaining $20, the other guy owes you money, and now you argue with each other so neither of you pays me. You expect me to believe that you actually used the money you owed me to pay for the SAT? Or the fact that I wasn't nagging you every day was an excuse not to give me my money?

This is why I don't like doing favors for those who aren't close friends. I know my friends will give me the money eventually (or I'll let them slide for whatever reason), but these motherf****rs think that paying half of what I want somehow makes everything peachy.

EDIT: And now they're playing the race card, talking about how the other one should pay because he's white. Gotta love it. And then the white kid said something about how I'm being too easy on the other kid because he's Mexican (or something like to that effect). I didn't realize I was giving race-based discounts. <_<

On the bright side, I got $20 I wouldn't have gotten otherwise (for relatively little effort). But this is why don't lend out actual money: Because I don't know if I'll get it back. (Except for one time when I loaned out a dollar to a girl, and she said she used it to buy a "holiday gram" for me. Does she not understand the meaning of the word "borrow"? It's not much of a gift if you're buying it with my money. But I did get my money back that time).

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Now I know why gangs were created: People weren't keeping to their word about paying money they owned. $20 means $20 each, you motherf****rs. :angry:

Of course, every time I see them, they start pointing fingers at each other saying the other person was the one with the (remaining) money, or they make up excuses. Yeah, suddenly after I ask for the remaining $20, the other guy owes you money, and now you argue with each other so neither of you pays me. You expect me to believe that you actually used the money you owed me to pay for the SAT? Or the fact that I wasn't nagging you every day was an excuse not to give me my money?

This is why I don't like doing favors for those who aren't close friends. I know my friends will give me the money eventually (or I'll let them slide for whatever reason), but these motherf****rs think that paying half of what I want somehow makes everything peachy.

Live and learn dude.

Cletus... f**khat?

I feel like adopting a child, just so that I can name them that.

Anyways, somebody just asked me why I like them, so i'm going to respond "dat ass" then immediately respond "but in all seriousness..."

If i'm alive tomorrow, that means that went according to plan.

EDIT: She found the "dat ass" part funny; mission accomplished. But this conversation is going too far...

Edited by CDTA

This is from my Baseball Mogul 2009 game. I'm playing as a fictional team called the New York Mallards. I posted this on the Mogul site, it's kind of funny:

FunnyNamesMogul.jpg

Haha! Funny names indeed especially the first one!

I feel like adopting a child, just so that I can name them that.

Anyways, somebody just asked me why I like them, so i'm going to respond "dat ass" then immediately respond "but in all seriousness..."

If i'm alive tomorrow, that means that went according to plan.

EDIT: She found the "dat ass" part funny; mission accomplished. But this conversation is going too far...

Good job bro! You found a chick that actually has a sense of humor! Kind of rare to see that these days...

Reyes Reyes ?

That's like my homegirl's ex-bf.... his name was Henry Henry.....

Anyway....

Now I know why gangs were created: People weren't keeping to their word about paying money they owed. $20 means $20 each, you motherf****rs. :angry:

Way I see it, you give/lend/borrow/loan money out to people & you shouldn't have a realistic expectation to get any of it back....

Not from acquaintances, not from friends, not from ya significant other, and ESPECIALLY not your family....

It's what keeps courts busy.....

You found a chick that actually has a sense of humor! Kind of rare to see that these days...

True, but look at what it is that made her laugh though.....

Reyes Reyes ?

That's like my homegirl's ex-bf.... his name was Henry Henry.....

Anyway....

Way I see it, you give/lend/borrow/loan money out to people & you shouldn't have a realistic expectation to get any of it back....

Not from acquaintances, not from friends, not from ya significant other, and ESPECIALLY not your family....

It's what keeps courts busy.....

True, but look at what it is that made her laugh though.....

My father knew a guy named Charles Charles... Also, there is a Spanish singer named José José... LOL at the Henry Henry part...

Very true bro... You know how I feel about the court systems...

Yeah... I know what you mean by that... Then again, these chicks are just dumb these days...

I also upload a few photos that had funny names earlier in the thread... I've quoted them for you so you can see! :)

I swear these MLB games make up some funny names for created AI players... Here's some examples from my PSP...

IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0155.jpgIMG_0488.jpg

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I thought that was from RoboCop.. love that movie. And that dinosaur in the ad only made it more hilarious...
Saw it yesterday on Cinemax, a true classic. It's a damn shame that Robocop 2 ruined the lead character. If anything, he was portrayed like a total dumbass.. Not to mention, the plot was extremely boring. Edited by IRT Bronx Express

Saw it yesterday on Cinemax, a true classic. It's a damn shame that Robocop 2 ruined the lead character. If anything, he was portrayed like a total dumbass.. Not to mention, the plot was extremely boring.

Agreed, they could've picked up right after the 1st one and expanded on his humanity, but it ended up being a reset with Murphy acting as more robot than a mix. What idiot puts a killer's brain in a deadly machine? And sadly, that's still better than the 3rd movie which should be burnt before viewing.

Based on some of the pics from the remake, I don't have much hope of them making the reboot any better... Somethings should never be tampered with.