Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.google.co...FgDH_rXbwZxNQSg

So you're supposed to kayak your car from Honolulu to Washington? :lol: It's only about 2,756 miles. (And isn't San Francisco closer anyway? It doesn't make sense to go north to Washington just to go down to California)

Or this: http://www.google.co...ancisco&t=m&z=3

So I'm supposed to kayak from Tokyo to Honolulu, and then kayak up to Washington?

So they can calculate directions from Tokyo to NYC, but they can't calculate directions from Tokyo to London (which is all over land): http://www.google.co...irflg=d&t=m&z=3

http://www.google.co...irflg=d&t=m&z=3

Then again, maybe there aren't roads through most of Central Asia?

LOL :lol: ! Yo, I'm totally going to start a "Chinatown" type bus service between Japan and SF. It will benefit the Japanese population. $10! LMFAO!

I wonder if Google would be held liable should someone attempt this and fails?

Well, Mr. Affluent, even you've admitted the BxM18 runs in The Bronx: http://www.nyctransi..._20#entry406591

Damn it!

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I ****ing hate TF2 and any mention of "sandviches," "spies" and "sentries" in the same sentence, or hats is unfunny bullshit.

The spy stole the sandvich from the engineer who was monitoring the sentry.

Sue me.

Anybody ever been to Virginia before? Just asking because I probably might go there for Labor Day weekend to stay at my friend's place. By the way it's to Virginia Beach that I'm going so to whoever that has went there before, please tell me how it is and what it's like.

Young Money is terrible...that's all I have to say..all of their members.

F^#% YMCMB.....

Do you know how many artists is actually on that label.... here, take a look:

http://slumz.boxden....roster-1749005/

http://www.google.co...FgDH_rXbwZxNQSg

So you're supposed to kayak your car from Honolulu to Washington? :lol: It's only about 2,756 miles. (And isn't San Francisco closer anyway? It doesn't make sense to go north to Washington just to go down to California)

I noticed that large cup of fail also; a while back when I was messing around, tryna find out b/w what two american cities spans the longest distance (by driving).... then I typed honolulu to (some city I forgot the name of right now in) maine, and I see a line going through the pacific ocean..... lmao....

Edited by B35 via Church

I noticed that large cup of fail also; a while back when I was messing around, tryna find out b/w what two american cities spans the longest distance (by driving).... then I typed honolulu to (some city I forgot the name of right now in) maine, and I see a line going through the pacific ocean..... lmao....

I was watching a fail compliation on YouTube, and somebody posted a screenshot of it saying to jetski across the Pacific Ocean. I don't know why Google changed it to kayaking instead of just saying it isn't possible.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

It's a sad day when BUSTA RHYMES signs to Cash Money... :(

Yep, that, and the fact that he's still puttin out tracks @ his age......

On a side note, I didn't realize the B44 went down Utica:

http://www.google.co...,201.54,,2,5.31

Who knew ?!

What I'm asking myself looking at that is, what happened along utica during the early afternoon hours where NB traffic is backed up like that......

(what you're seeing heading WB on church av east of utica during the early afternoon is typical btw)

Wow, so much has changed with Starz and Encore after I last subscribed to their faux premium service last year.

Starz, not much has changed. Same white logo, ad banners, same infobox that appears at the end of the film, but the ending credits with commercials has a new layout (now it's a split screen: commercial is on the top left, the ending credits is on the bottom right (both squared presentations), and the network logo is on the bottom left)

Encore, encore, encore... WHY are you following the same damned footsteps like Starz??? The last time Encore screwed with the ending credits was around September 2009 (right after they axed the transparent logos in favor of the white logos). After watching a movie minutes ago on Encore HD, a split screen was shown. The same half-rectangular layout that was previously shown on Starz years ago. When I saw no logos, I thought they were coming to their senses... until I saw one. Same white logo, but they appear and disappear like the Starz logos.

Cinemax (I still have it btw) is much superior than Starz and Encore combined. All of their channels are in HD, there are no intrusive logos and no commercial interruptions. Plus, their movie selections are much better. They may not have a lot of channels like Starz, but subscribing to their service is much worth it.

Edited by IRT Bronx Express

I hear you. It's just pathetic that for a premium channel, you are bombarded with ads for their own shows/movies. At least it's not like Epix where there's a popup at the bottom (during the movie) like what all the channels are doing now.

When this special offer from fios ends (with all the free premium channels), I'm going back to just cinemax. Showtime would be the other option.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I hear you. It's just pathetic that for a premium channel, you are bombarded with ads for their own shows/movies. At least it's not like Epix where there's a popup at the bottom (during the movie) like what all the channels are doing now.When this special offer from fios ends (with all the free premium channels), I'm going back to just cinemax. Showtime would be the other option.
What's sad is that both Starz and Encore have a large number of subscribers, surpassing HBO (it was #1 at one point). Too bad that little are complaining about Starz's nonsense. I don't know about Epix, but i did read that they have a permanent Twitter bug for all of their programming.

btw, Showtime advertises during movies and the ending credits, but it's only for the main flagship channel. The other multiplexes aren't affected. Stick with Cinemax!

Interesting. funny enough I haven't really seen much from showtime and ironically most of the movies I've been watching so far have been on Encore/Starz. But yeah I'm totally going back to just cinemax once the promotion is over.

Yeah, not enough people care about the end credits, and that's a shame. I just hate it when they preempt or place over the ending soundtrack just to shamelessly promote another show or movie. I just want to watch a movie start to end without any interruptions and distractions.

Epix, I watched it when they aired the recent Marvel comics movies and had the whole month of 007 in January. It just irritated me when I saw popups for other movies at the bottom of the screen. I mean this channel was one of the big issues b/w direct tv? and Viacom. If i was with Dtv, I would've said Viacom can keep that damn channel up where the sun don't shine. It's a premium channel, that ish with the popups should not be done during the movie period, at least show some respect for the paying customers.

Edited by Grand Concourse