Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Went to the MoMA today with a good Italian friend of mine and a friend of hers. Her friend asked me if my family was from Southern Italy and I replied yes. She replied that I look more South American than Italian and I said that wasn't the first time I've been told that, especially when I have a beard (which I currently have), so today I was the South American dude who spoke Italian. :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go see the president they said... It will be fun they said...

And on another note; there's something off about the TV here. Can't put my finger on it...

And finally, I can't believe i'm going to bed at 10PM! :lol: Ehh, maybe if i'm lucky, i'll end up waking up bright and early for MLP!

Wait my bad, one more thing. The computer here is Windows XP, and it only has IE... I swear to god it lags if you try to watch Youtube videos... I don't know how this guy does business on here.

Sweet! I did it in 63 moves. I am the knight tour master. B-)

So basically, that rule works: Just go for the square from where you have the least possible moves (and if you have the same number of moves available from 2 squares, I think you can go either way). As a rule, work your way towards the center. You should be forming similar shapes (with regards to the red squares) in opposite corners of the board.

...and to think that some people are able to do it blindfolded and able to end up one move away from the square they started on....

I had to cross the street at Magnolia today... Iv'e never realized how long that light is, because normally there's a break in between cars so I can cross. But there was literally a line of people waiting for the light to change... I mean, I know that there aren't cars coming from Magnolia that often, but if there's line of people waiting to cross the street, something needs to be done.

The lights on Merrick Avenue are much shorter. I have had to run (make a 100m or so dash) to make the light in front of my school. If I don't.... well, sometimes I can be late. Thank god I run track.

RANDOM THOUGHT:

children's movies are crappy. nothing compares to studio ghibli's Spirited Away.... but then again, after that.... Disney bought them... they shall not be forgiven

Edited by VWM

Woke up at 6AM today. Normally I would go back to sleep, but MLP was about to come on. It looked really weird because it's an HDTV, but there's no HubHD up here. It ended up being "Cutie Mark Chronicles", which much to my surprise, I hadn't seen yet. I am really glad, I ended up seeing that episode. It explained SO MUCH. I can't believe tough, that I actually missed two episodes from season 1 so far. (I also accediently skipped Winter Wrap Up.)

And oh yeah, I ate two pizzas with a fork and knife.

Edited by CDTA

Over the past couple of months, I always plan to go to restaurants during the middle of the week instead of on Friday and Saturday. The reason is because during the middle of the week, just about every restaurant has delivered a fresh batch of ingredients while finishing or throwing out their previous ingredients. The food tends to arrive on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday depending on when the food is delivered. I can tell because the food tends to taste fresher whenever I order it.

Over the past couple of months, I always plan to go to restaurants during the middle of the week instead of on Friday and Saturday. The reason is because during the middle of the week, just about every restaurant has delivered a fresh batch of ingredients while finishing or throwing out their previous ingredients. The food tends to arrive on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday depending on when the food is delivered. I can tell because the food tends to taste fresher whenever I order it.

That really depends on the restaurant though. High end places and places that serve a lot of folks won't have this problem. There are a few French places in Midtown that I go to when I attend the MoMA and I went to one for dinner yesterday with my Italian friend who has lived in France. She was quite pleased with the quality of the food, which is saying something since she has high standards being European and all. I had a salad and goat cheese and onion tart for the starter, a medium hanger steak w/pommes frites and shallots and then dessert and everything was quite fresh, as it always is.

It definitely has something to do with My Little Pony.

Hey, The Hub has to make money and MLP probably brings in the most eyeballs and Pound Puppies is probably the network's biggest advertisers.

On a few threads on city-data. (Mostly the Urban Planning forum). The other one was from a thread that got linked to from city-data (It was one of those sites where people BS about "reppin they hood" and all that, but the thread they linked to happened to have that smilie, so I figured at least it wasn't a complete waste of 30 seconds).

Edited by checkmatechamp13

http://www.google.com/maps?saddr=honolulu&daddr=san+francisco&hl=en&ll=32.62087,-125.595703&spn=35.392963,86.572266&dirflg=d&ttype=dep&date=8%2F22%2F12&time=3:29pm&t=m&z=4&geocode=FUAeRQEd40WX9ilNRsOMOxgAfDFsl6fzX_UoSw%3BFVJmQAIdKAe0-CkhAGkAbZqFgDH_rXbwZxNQSg

So you're supposed to kayak your car from Honolulu to Washington? :lol: It's only about 2,756 miles. (And isn't San Francisco closer anyway? It doesn't make sense to go north to Washington just to go down to California)

Or this: http://www.google.com/maps?q=from:+Tokyo,+Japan+to:+San+Francisco,+CA&saddr=Tokyo,+Japan&daddr=San+Francisco,+CA&hl=en&ll=36.031332,140.273438&spn=66.443581,173.144531&sll=17.644022,-163.125&sspn=75.343028,173.144531&geocode=FRCUIAIduoZTCCnnVy7whxtdYDGJG1cii2EBLg%3BFVJmQAIdKAe0-CkhAGkAbZqFgDH_rXbwZxNQSg&oq=from:+tok+to:+san+francisco&t=m&z=3

So I'm supposed to kayak from Tokyo to Honolulu, and then kayak up to Washington?

So they can calculate directions from Tokyo to NYC, but they can't calculate directions from Tokyo to London (which is all over land): http://www.google.com/maps?q=from:+Tokyo,+Japan+to:+New+York,+NY&saddr=Tokyo,+Japan&daddr=New+York,+NY&hl=en&sll=45.58329,-60.820312&sspn=111.085752,346.289063&geocode=FRCUIAIduoZTCCnnVy7whxtdYDGJG1cii2EBLg%3BFXFAbQIdK8KW-yk7CD_TpU_CiTFi_nfhBo8LyA&oq=from:+Tokyo,+Japan+to:+new+y&dirflg=d&t=m&z=3

http://www.google.com/maps?q=from:+Tokyo,+Japan+to:+London,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=40.713956,73.300781&spn=63.082286,173.144531&sll=34.887365,-147.157085&sspn=67.194827,173.144531&oq=from:+Tokyo,+Japan+to:+lon&dirflg=d&t=m&z=3

Then again, maybe there aren't roads through most of Central Asia?

http://www.google.co...FgDH_rXbwZxNQSg

So you're supposed to kayak your car from Honolulu to Washington? :lol: It's only about 2,756 miles. (And isn't San Francisco closer anyway? It doesn't make sense to go north to Washington just to go down to California)

Or this: http://www.google.co...ancisco&t=m&z=3

So I'm supposed to kayak from Tokyo to Honolulu, and then kayak up to Washington?

So they can calculate directions from Tokyo to NYC, but they can't calculate directions from Tokyo to London (which is all over land): http://www.google.co...irflg=d&t=m&z=3

http://www.google.co...irflg=d&t=m&z=3

Then again, maybe there aren't roads through most of Central Asia?

SEEMS LEGIT

It definitely has something to do with My Little Pony.

Hey, The Hub has to make money and MLP probably brings in the most eyeballs and Pound Puppies is probably the network's biggest advertisers.

Actually it's a show on The Hub. I would say at least 60% of commercials circle back to The Hub, or Hasbro.