Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as some of you may know, I have started taking transit photos and posting them on the forum and it is something that I really like doing.. I need a real camera and I ordered this one on Wednesday off of amazon, what do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX130IS-Stabilized-3-0-Inch/dp/B003ZSHNG8

Today as I'm walking down Castleton Avenue, when I get near Alaska Street, a Hispanic woman comes up to me and asks if I speak Spanish or English. I said I speak a little bit of Spanish (I think she asked me the question in Spanish). So she asks me my nationality and I say Peruvian (I guess as the saying goes "Don't talk to strangers", but she seemed like she had good intentions), and then she gives me a palm-sized booklet talking about the life of Jesus Christ. And she asks if I lived near there and I just said "cerca al expressway" (just to give the idea that I lived far away. Looking back, I shouldn't have said it, but I don't exactly think straight that early in the morning), and she gets sort of an alarmed expression on her face and asks what I'm doing there. I just say "trabajo" (work), and she says "Ah, que linda" (How nice), and then she tells me to be careful and have a nice day and God bless me and everything everything. I mean, yeesh, it's not like it's a warzone or anything. :blink: Especially at 8 in the morning like that.

The funny thing is that she joked around how I'm Peruvian and I don't know too much Spanish, and yet the only English word I said was "expressway" (which if you think about it is the name of the street. If I had just said "autopista", it could've meant any highway).

In any case, I took some more pictures on the way back. I saw an S53 pulling in and I wanted to get a good picture, and some people were asking "What is he doing running around like that?" (Their voice was a little harsh, but they didn't look threatening or anything. I don't go around obliviously snapping pictures if I suspect somebody might try to rob me or something). Then I walked through Port Richmond (they shut down a portion of the street by the library for some kids to play), and took some pictures of the North Shore Rail Line. Then I walked down Richmond Terrace to try and catch some shots of buses in Arlington (which probably took a year off my life with all that industrial crap over there) and when I passed over the South Avenue overpass, a freight train happened to be crossing, so I figured "Great, I can catch this instead of empty tracks". I'll upload the pics later.

Well as some of you may know, I have started taking transit photos and posting them on the forum and it is something that I really like doing.. I need a real camera and I ordered this one on Wednesday off of amazon, what do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX130IS-Stabilized-3-0-Inch/dp/B003ZSHNG8

That's a nice choice! My current camera is very similar to the one you are going to buy! I have the SX150IS version.... I am however looking to upgrade my camera though..,, I want a camera that shoots in 1080 HD.... Anybody can recommend a camera for me?

IT"S DONE!!! IT"S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST SPENT 11 HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS PROGRAM TO WORK, AND I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! I CAN NOW USE THE PROGRAM! TEN HOURS OF NUMEROUS DIFFERENT PROGRAMS, AND FILE COMBINATIONS, BUT I FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT ONE!! I HAD TO WIPE THE MEMORY OF THE COMPUTER THREE TIMES, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! MAN, LET ME TELL YOU. THE INTERNET SENT ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT OPENER, BUT I GOT IT! WHEU! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW HAPPY I AM I CAN FINALLY SLEEP!! HELL, I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF I SHOULD GO TO SLEEP AT THIS POINT, CAUSE I GOT SOMETHING TO DO IN THE MORNING. I'M PRETTY SURE IF I TIRED TO FALL ASLEEP RIGHT NOW, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO ANYWAYS BECAUSE I DUNNO IM EITHER TOO TIRED OR TOO AWAKE! OH WELL I GUESS WE'LL ALL SEE SOON! AWW WHAT?? THE INTERNETS DOWN BUT I WANTED TO MAKE THIS POST FIRST! EHH, I GUESS THAT MEANS I SHOULD TRY AND SLEEP! ALRIGHT GUYS, I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW!

IT"S DONE!!! IT"S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST SPENT 11 HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS PROGRAM TO WORK, AND I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! I CAN NOW USE THE PROGRAM! TEN HOURS OF NUMEROUS DIFFERENT PROGRAMS, AND FILE COMBINATIONS, BUT I FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT ONE!! I HAD TO WIPE THE MEMORY OF THE COMPUTER THREE TIMES, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! MAN, LET ME TELL YOU. THE INTERNET SENT ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT OPENER, BUT I GOT IT! WHEU! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW HAPPY I AM I CAN FINALLY SLEEP!! HELL, I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF I SHOULD GO TO SLEEP AT THIS POINT, CAUSE I GOT SOMETHING TO DO IN THE MORNING. I'M PRETTY SURE IF I TIRED TO FALL ASLEEP RIGHT NOW, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO ANYWAYS BECAUSE I DUNNO IM EITHER TOO TIRED OR TOO AWAKE! OH WELL I GUESS WE'LL ALL SEE SOON! AWW WHAT?? THE INTERNETS DOWN BUT I WANTED TO MAKE THIS POST FIRST! EHH, I GUESS THAT MEANS I SHOULD TRY AND SLEEP! ALRIGHT GUYS, I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW!

LOL. Somebody needs to lay off the coffee. I'm picturing a guy screaming that he finished his program with the wide eyes and everything.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

So I ended up watching The Dark Night, instead of searching for the program. The movie was very good, I was very intrigued, as was shown by the fact that I didn't get up to get more food. There was nothing that really bothered me, except how blatantly obvious it was that they picked two different guys. Oh yeah, actually I also think they should've gotten a different Commissioner Gordon. Besides that overall, very good.