Bi-Articulated Bus?

WannaBeMTA12

We don't really need em... too much hassle.

the last one is not a bus, so what's that got to do with the conversation?I know but I have seen this truck having time navigating when I was riding on MegaBus trip.
I've saw doubles trucks with 2-53ft trailers. Only allowed on interstate 87 and 90. Trucks are under different restrictions. Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Well, to have that, the MTA would need a depot to put them in, and as it is certain depots already have trouble accommodating single articulated buses...

We have no problems at CS

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

We have no problems at CS Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I only  see buses like those useful for intercity buses and insane lines like Vancouver's 99B. I can see NJT needing some of those on rte 9 busesat rush hour or OTHER agencies MTA not so much.

Q46

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

They would take a lot of modifications for certain turns, bus stop lengths. This would mean less parking space. Because of artics on the Q10 there is less parking which has annoyed some people.

That's actually not true. The artic conversion hardly took up any parking spaces on the Q10. The biggest problem is the bottleneck caused at Liberty/Lefferts in both directions because of traffic and the amount of people boarding the buses. People are more annoyed at that than parking spaces. That's one area they need to do something with.

It would be kinda weird, yet somehow nice enough if the MTA were to receive brand new 65ft. long double-decker articulated buses and have them run on each and every one of the busiest bus lines of the 5 boroughs. Think of the publicity that the MTA might have if they decided to get those buses; it'll attract more people and more tourists than other sightseeing buses that you see running in the streets, it'll have more passengers with disabilities boarding the buses with 8 available spots for those with wheelchairs (regular or electric, 4 on each level with 2 seats in the front and back), and if were lucky enough, we might be able to see those buses run on a few Limited-Stop or +SBS buses. A transit guy can dream about it, if you can dream it, make it happen and if you can make it, they will come.

There's double decker bus version too when I google search.

8719148416_94ac6eab69_z.jpg

8649954679_e2f92683a0_z.jpg

I don't think these fleets will not work in USA because or roadways are not design for these huge or long buses.

I have seen this in USA street

stock-photo-articulated-semi-truck-twin-

If the (MTA) got these they did have to be in tunnels so they would work, and it's not worth the hassle since you are already digging a tunnel so why not construct a good subway line? Case closed........

If the (MTA) got these they did have to be in tunnels so they would work, and it's not worth the hassle since you are already digging a tunnel so why not construct a good subway line? Case closed........

That's not true at all... plenty of cities run double articulated buses without any sort of grade separation.

The only non-legal limit on any sort of vehicle operating on the street would be block spacing, and I'm pretty sure that a double articulated bus would fall well within the size of a Manhattan block length.

It would be kinda weird, yet somehow nice enough if the MTA were to receive brand new 65ft. long double-decker articulated buses and have them run on each and every one of the busiest bus lines of the 5 boroughs. Think of the publicity that the MTA might have if they decided to get those buses; it'll attract more people and more tourists than other sightseeing buses that you see running in the streets, it'll have more passengers with disabilities boarding the buses with 8 available spots for those with wheelchairs (regular or electric, 4 on each level with 2 seats in the front and back), and if were lucky enough, we might be able to see those buses run on a few Limited-Stop or +SBS buses. A transit guy can dream about it, if you can dream it, make it happen and if you can make it, they will come.

release them on the Q53 then boom crowding problem solved. But some clearances may be too low for em but if a megabus can run down woodhaven unleash em.

A great idea would be if there were articulated coach buses for the express buses in S.I. with back doors. Too bad no manufacturer are making them, you have to convert them for lots of money. In 1980's-1990's prevost made an articulated coach, looked pretty nice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Archived