Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is NICE's contract with Veolia for? Perhaps it's time for NICE to look to other contractors (regional and local), the MTA, or in house operation to assume the operation of NICE.

NICE is a subdivision of Veolia so someone has to buy it from Veolia...

Yes, as Brett stated the contract is for 5 years with 5 year options ("extensions"), on January 1st 2013 there will be 4 years left on the contract. IMHO nice isn't going anywhere and will be here past the original 5 years, I'll put a $20 on the table saying Veolia will be in Nassau even after Mangano is out of office.

NICE is a subdivision of Veolia so someone has to buy it from Veolia...

Just to clarify "nice" is the new name of the Nassau County bus transit system, it is Nassau County's Veolia helped them create the brand to distance themselves from the MTA.

Well tried calling NICE to see if they have any info on the service changes effective December 30, but they said they'll post the changes one week before (most likely the 25 to piss people off). The only change confirmed is the n6x change

What a waste of time. Exactly why I haven't bothered with contacting NICE since the April cuts.

My question is why the hell are they waiting for another month until they add Franklin Avenue to the n6x?

I can only assume that will be the only benefit as likely neighboring services will be reduced. Either way riders get screwed.

So I was walking through the Plainview Public Library and I saw some old LI Bus schedules in the brochure rack. Upon closer investigation, they were N94 and N95 schedules!!! I grabbed the whole stack, there were 13 per route. I wonder where they came from, since I've seen the rack at least 20 times since the transition to NICE and there were no bus schedules (of either company) there each time.

So I was walking through the Plainview Public Library and I saw some old LI Bus schedules in the brochure rack. Upon closer investigation, they were N94 and N95 schedules!!! I grabbed the whole stack, there were 13 per route. I wonder where they came from, since I've seen the rack at least 20 times since the transition to NICE and there were no bus schedules (of either company) there each time.

Very lucky catch! Funny there was no n78/79 schedule!

That's because the bus no longer goes that way, the bus no longer takes a right by the lay z boy store, and a left at the next block, stopping in front of King Kullen. NOw the bus just continues and takes the "exit" for Merrick Rd. at the Sunrise HWY/Merrick Rd. criss cross, I don't why MTA routed the bus that way, I always asked myself why the N4 went that way it's such a waste of time. You people aren't happy with any change nice makes, people bitch about time and buses being late, makes a good change that cost time in a problem intersection and now you complain that nice took away a stop. Really? lol

Yeah, I do, I love how fanny flustered you just got in that post... they literally didn't announce it at all. I never saw signs anywhere and the bus operators never announced it.

I don't care, I hope you were stranded on that corner for hours while you and pine power jerked each other off while bitching about Veolia.

Joel Up Front.

Makes one comment about sucking nuts to Burrstone.

Makes one other rude comment to Burrstone.

Days later gets one rude comment back and starts to rant and post memes.

Yup, I see how you make sense Joel. NOT.

You could take Burrstone as an example because he's nice and actually brings facts to the table without ranting and mostly tries to bring facts without being rude.

Edited by Vistausss

December 1st, on my way to victory party for Michaelle Solage's party in Elmont, there was passenger & b/o dispute on 17:15 n6 Jamaica #1765 result of overcrowded which departed HTC at 17:22, 7 minutes late and ramp was working.

As male bus driver did very best to pickup some passengers on overcrowded bus, one of male passenger (African color- I don't want to say color people because it's rude) cursed Veolia B/O said, "What part of crowded you don't understand and just ran the bus.." Passenger cursed him out for no reason, which got argument with Veolia B/O. I know male driver was trying best to get everyone who needs to go home and male driver also cursed that nasty passenger out.

That because of nasty passenger, male B/O told us lie by faking bus break down trying to calm him, "Bus broken down" and all passengers about 40 people were on it and they were complaint about that rude passenger. I think even Spanish told him "Shut up."

I was so afraid I told same thing might happened with n22 incident video and bus driver might get assaulted by that passenger.

That nasty male passenger even called cops on him but he left bus somewhere far from Hempstead by McDonald's I think where passenger waiting to board bus were unhappy with nasty passenger.

He even threatend driver to get suspension which none of passengers don't want because if that happened, there could be another driver shortage and missing bus and I don't know if senior male driver on #1756 is working after the incident with 505 Fulton Av.

Near New Hyde Park, police did came and driver right by us and B/O driver I think said, "That passenger has been crazy.)

All passengers who were on bus were happy that crazy nasty male passenger left bus. I got off at Elmont Rd.