Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jea I have stopped calling I will do with Access a Ride until they lift that freeze who knows when that will be

I guess all of this stems from raises,project over runs, and the careless thinking at MTA HQ

just imagine if we had the power to vote these politicians out like we voted them in talk about Job security they would take heed get it done or get the hell out

It is all divisions. MTA NYCTA, LIRR, MNRR, Bridges and Tunnels, and MTA Bus. The travel expenses being cut is for upper management, the hiring freeze is for the rank and file. The last T/O class is the one I am coming in, and from another operator (newbie) who is on this list also, the next T/O class possibly won't be until January. So that means the next B/O class possibly won't be until 2 months (when the freeze lifts). But then again, anything can happen, and some positions in the freeze, might get lifted well before the freeze suppose to end.......

It is all divisions. MTA NYCTA, LIRR, MNRR, Bridges and Tunnels, and MTA Bus. The travel expenses being cut is for upper management, the hiring freeze is for the rank and file. The last T/O class is the one I am coming in, and from another operator (newbie) who is on this list also, the next T/O class possibly won't be until January. So that means the next B/O class possibly won't be until 2 months (when the freeze lifts). But then again, anything can happen, and some positions in the freeze, might get lifted well before the freeze suppose to end.......

Damn, that does not sound good. A friend just recently applied to Metro-North.

This has got to be the first for any transit agency that I know of but what do I know. It is disappointment after disappointment. I really hope this does not become a trend for the coming years. Something has to be done about this.

This has got to be the first for any transit agency that I know of but what do I know. It is disappointment after disappointment. I really hope this does not become a trend for the coming years. Something has to be done about this.

Harry, I know alot of people are aggravated by this. But honestly posters who are on the lists here have got to listen. I know some of them went by Chris's timetable. I told them how long it took me. There is a huge timetable, depending on how many they need. To break it down with what happened to me, I applied in late 2002. I got my random list number that next month. I wasn't called for the BOSS exam until February of 2005. I was notified about 2 month later I passed the BOSS. I wasn't hired until March of 2006. 3 and 1/2 to 4 years it took. Alot of my ex-co-workers from Campus Coach who went to transit before I did, waited almost 4 years. Those ex-co-workers, who came into MTA after I did, it took half that time (about 2 years). For Train Operator, I took that test in 2003. I just got hired last month. Nearly 5 years of waiting........

To the other posters who are on the lists, do like Locomotion. While waiting for TA, OA, or MTA Bus, find a driving job for another bus company in the meantime. You will gain experience on the road. If you don't have a CDL, or can't afford to get one at the time, find a job (if you can), and save some cash to try to get it before TA calls you.

The job isn't worth waiting for, the benefits are though.........So just be extremely patient, it will come.

Harry, I know alot of people are aggravated by this. But honestly posters who are on the lists here have got to listen. I know some of them went by Chris's timetable. I told them how long it took me. There is a huge timetable, depending on how many they need. To break it down with what happened to me, I applied in late 2002. I got my random list number that next month. I wasn't called for the BOSS exam until February of 2005. I was notified about 2 month later I passed the BOSS. I wasn't hired until March of 2006. 3 and 1/2 to 4 years it took. Alot of my ex-co-workers from Campus Coach who went to transit before I did, waited almost 4 years. Those ex-co-workers, who came into MTA after I did, it took half that time (about 2 years). For Train Operator, I took that test in 2003. I just got hired last month. Nearly 5 years of waiting........

To the other posters who are on the lists, do like Locomotion. While waiting for TA, OA, or MTA Bus, find a driving job for another bus company in the meantime. You will gain experience on the road. If you don't have a CDL, or can't afford to get one at the time, find a job (if you can), and save some cash to try to get it before TA calls you.

The job isn't worth waiting for, the benefits are though.........So just be extremely patient, it will come.

This is so true, noone should put all their eggs in one basket.

This is so true, noone should put all their eggs in one basket.

Correct, even though it would be funny for them to put them all in one, then watch their expression and tears if it falls, and all the eggs crack...........

Yeah I took the T/O Exam in 2003 and called in 2005. Ofcause scoring High and being on the Promotional list helps. I waited 2 Years to be called for C/R as well. I took all kind of exams just in case. They called me for Traffic Enforcement Agent first but I knew Transit wasn't far behind and I was right.

In any case we getting ready for your class already talking about you guys starting 7/14/08.

You probably have me confused with somebody else,all I did was get my CDL B on my own,yeah I did talk about driving jobs which I could do with my CDL B,but it isn't worth the commute. I took exam #8006 after being persuaded by a friend,I am on DSNY list,but I am going to need some luck for them to call my list #mid 5,000's. That may be 3 years away.

It is a good thing that I came across this website,because up until then I used to think that being a bus operator was an easy job. Having read posts from bus operators in here especially DOB2RTO has opened my eyes to say the least. I also have been reading on another bus driver website(La Guardia bus depot)and they say the same things about the job.

My husband was medically cleared (he had been on hold) for C/R in the beginning of June. But told the class was full and he had to wait for the next one. Anyone have any idea when that might be? Is there any way to check his status?

My husband was medically cleared (he had been on hold) for C/R in the beginning of June. But told the class was full and he had to wait for the next one. Anyone have any idea when that might be? Is there any way to check his status?

Another C/R class just started with the class of T/O's I believe that DOB is in. I saw them today at Coney Island yard at Fire School while I was there for my medical at the MAC. This is news to me about a hiring freeze I would say in maybe 2 months they would have another class in thats if they are really implementing this freeze.

He would have to call Human Resources to check the status I don't know that number off the top of my head I can PM it to you when I find it.

well the only way to make some money for them is look at the borough were people are beating the fare like staten island i see people get on and not pay and theres no cop they should put a cop on every bus depending which bus route has the most fare beaters and write them 100 dollar summons and that pisses me off when people don`t pay and i say 2 some of them because of all of u fare beater our fare is going up. they should stop and look closely the mta and it is illegal to fare beat that`s a 100 dollar summons think how much money they can make.

well the only way to make some money for them is look at the borough were people are beating the fare like staten island i see people get on and not pay and theres no cop they should put a cop on every bus depending which bus route has the most fare beaters and write them 100 dollar summons and that pisses me off when people don`t pay and i say 2 some of them because of all of u fare beater our fare is going up. they should stop and look closely the mta and it is illegal to fare beat that`s a 100 dollar summons think how much money they can make.

is a class B cdl with an A3 restriction ok for driving a bus for mta??

Archived