R42 J madness to kick off 2010

Ftrainfan

That's right! Yours truly caught a rusty ugly 42 on the (J)erry! Funny thing is after I got my haircut in queens , I though to myself"Hmm... let me take a different route home this time. Instead of the usual (F) to the (E) to the (G) , let me take the (J) to essex street then transfer to the (F)." I had a feeling I was going to catch it anyway and I did! Normally I would pefer a R160 but it felt nice to catch something rare that day! anyway , here are the photos and videos! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKHojHBWJys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN46e86Eop4

CIMG0645.jpg

CIMG0642.jpg

B)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

plz let's stop this flame war before ppl start foaming...

yes call me a hypocrite for saying that but the last thing we need right now is a foam filled flame war on which car is better!

So.. how was everyone's break! Or should I save it for the off topic lounge?

aren't you gonna @ least say "nice pics" or "sweet catch" or something!

Can't say "sweet catch" - The R42's have been on the J for a long time.

Can't say "nice pics" - they're blurry. What can be said, though, is "Good attempt".

Yeah but they are rare on the (J) now aren't they? I mean if they were'nt I would have just hoppeed on a 160! The only reason why I was happy to find thios on the (J) is because they are rare now! I Really Don't Like these rust bucket R42s!

But if you don't like the R42's, why would you waste your time taking photos of them then?

plz let's stop this flame war before ppl start foaming...
Hypocrite. I don't see any flame wars at all. You can't accept the fact that you have nothing better to do other than expressing your love for the R160's every time you post. Find another hobby, hang out with friends, get a girl, live your life the right way instead of foaming over an NTT train. Also, no one here is going to foam, and you should've never wasted time taking pics of the R42 (J) if you despise them so much.

Hypocrite. I don't see any flame wars at all. You can't accept the fact that you have nothing better to do other than expressing your love for the R160's every time you post. Find another hobby, hang out with friends, get a girl, live your life the right way instead of foaming over an NTT train. btw, no one here is going to foam.

Quite honestly, I must say that the bashing towards this kid is getting a little old now, it needs to stop. I already had to read two threads that involved bashing this kid when he wasnt even involved in it. The bashing needs to stop now, its pretty old and stupid.....

Quite honestly, I must say that the bashing towards this kid is getting a little old now, it needs to stop. I already had to read two threads that involved bashing this kid when he wasnt even involved in it. The bashing needs to stop now, its pretty old and stupid.....

Oh, come on. You know someone's always gotta bitch and moan about SOMETHING on here B)

That might be the case, but this is getting worse than Daniel and his R68 (D).....

At least the whole Daniel and the D train thing has died off. This seems to keep on going on and on. It's actually no longer funny, but just annoying as hell.

At least the whole Daniel and the D train thing has died off. This seems to keep on going on and on. It's actually no longer funny, but just annoying as hell.

My point exactly. Though it hasnt died out yet when it comes to making the events in the event section...

This is hilarious.

If someone says "R160 > R42" or any other crappy train they're considered a foamer, yet when someone says "R42 > R160" everyone praises them.

And a question to everyone who prefers the trains that are like 40 years old compared to the new ones, answer these questions:

Do you call people who like email foamers?

Do you call people who like cell phones instead of payphones foamers?

Do you call people who like 40 inch HD TVs instead of 10 inch black and white TVs foamers?

Do you call people who like new cars foamers?

The answer to the above are all no. The above show technology advancing and people adjusting to it. And if I were to add "Do you call people who like the new technologically advanced trains better than the old disgusting trains foamers?" you would see how it would fall into place there.

Archived