C line named NYC's worst subway line

Roadcruiser1

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/line_named_nyc_worst_subway_line_j5rPwCd9dbwvvsgRuNyvyJ

C line named NYC's worst subway line

It's Clearly the worst!

The C line is the scummiest and slowest subway in the entire system for the second year in a row, an annual report has found.

And riders in Queens remain in seventh heaven, as the (7) line retains its title as the best train.

The Straphangers Campaign "report card" on the subways also found that the MTA has improved on subway service when it comes to breakdowns, car cleanliness and clarity of announcements.

“The subways got better in the last half of 2009. But how will they fare in the wake of tens of millions of cuts in 2010?” said Gene Russianoff, Straphangers Campaign senior attorney.

“Riders are now being asked to pay more for less because the state legislature has shortchanged transit,” he said in reference to the 2011 fare hike.

The (M) had the least delays because of subway breakdowns, the analysis found, with one every 1,045,886 miles.

The (G) was worst, grinding to a halt that's 16-times times higher than the (M), with one every 60,039 miles.

"The (7), (L) and (V) were the cleanest lines, with only 1% of cars having moderate or heavy dirt, while 11% of cars on the dirtiest lines — the (J)/(Z) and (R) — had moderate or heavy dirt, a rate more than ten times higher," the report said.

Here's the ranking, from best to worst: (7), (L), (1), (6), (Q), (E), (J)/(Z), (M), (4), (N), (5), (3), (A), (;), (F), (2), (D), (R), (C).

What do you guys think. I think it's the commuters fault partially for making the train dirty.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who comes up with this b.s???

i honestly cant say the c is the worst.in fact that line is pretty quick i.m.o....

the reason why the 7 and l got high ratings is because the headways are very short(on the 7 i think its every 90 seconds)

they pretty much had it right when they ranked the D,F,R,and 2 trains as the worst of the bunch.....

I don't think people complain the cars are dirty on the routes except for some people and mostly neat freaks. Though I am neat freak too I don't really care about that as long as it brings me to where I am going. The problem is and maybe this survey is based on is the trains time (headways). The longer it takes for the train to get to the station the more complains you are going to get and less customers board the trains. I am curious now how long is the ©'s headaways or how long does it take wait for a (C) train when one left.

WHAT!!!!! HECK NO!!!!!! THE (F)'s CLEARLY THE BEST!!! HOW THE HECK CAN THESE DOUCEBEAGS RATE THE (7) THE BEST?!! HELLO , THE (F) IS FAR MORE RELIABLE!!!! IT'S A IND LINE! THE (7) IS A IRT LINE! THE (F) USES R160s! R160s!!!!!!!! THE (7) USES THAT BS OF A CAR , THE R62A! THE WORST PART IS THE (MTA) IS BEING SO FREAKING CHEAP AND CONVERTING R142As FOR THE (7) AND SENDING THOSE BS R62As TO THE (6)?!!!! THE (6)?!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!! SO MANY (6) TRAIN RIDERS WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT THEIR LINE HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED JUST BECAUSE THE (MTA) IS TOO FREAKING CHEAP... TOO FREAKING CHEAP TO BUY BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE (7)AND FRANKLY , I DON'T BLAME THEM. IWOULD BE UPSET TOOO!!!!!!. AND THE (7)'S THE BEST?!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! THE (F)'S CLEARLY THE BEST!!!! IT'S FAR MORE RELIABLE IN SERVICE AND COMFORT THAN OTHER LINES!!!!! SEE , STRAPHANGERS JUST KEEP SUCKING AND RIDING!!!!! cAUSE THEY HATE THE (F) SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

You seriously need to take a tranquilizer or something.

Anyway I'm not surprised the (7) got high marks. It runs like an assembly line thats well oiled. I don't understand how the (A) didn't get that spot instead. It constantly has problems that the (C) has to cover for.

WHAT!!!!! HECK NO!!!!!! THE (F)'s CLEARLY THE BEST!!! HOW THE HECK CAN THESE DOUCEBEAGS RATE THE (7) THE BEST?!! HELLO , THE (F) IS FAR MORE RELIABLE!!!! IT'S A IND LINE! THE (7) IS A IRT LINE! THE (F) USES R160s! R160s!!!!!!!! THE (7) USES THAT BS OF A CAR , THE R62A! THE WORST PART IS THE (MTA) IS BEING SO FREAKING CHEAP AND CONVERTING R142As FOR THE (7) AND SENDING THOSE BS R62As TO THE (6)?!!!! THE (6)?!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!! SO MANY (6) TRAIN RIDERS WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT THEIR LINE HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED JUST BECAUSE THE (MTA) IS TOO FREAKING CHEAP... TOO FREAKING CHEAP TO BUY BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE (7)AND FRANKLY , I DON'T BLAME THEM. IWOULD BE UPSET TOOO!!!!!!. AND THE (7)'S THE BEST?!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! THE (F)'S CLEARLY THE BEST!!!! IT'S FAR MORE RELIABLE IN SERVICE AND COMFORT THAN OTHER LINES!!!!! SEE , STRAPHANGERS JUST KEEP SUCKING AND RIDING!!!!! cAUSE THEY HATE THE (F) SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

You sound like you need to take a trip to Bellevue. You talking some crazy shit right there man. Chill out!

No one else is saying it, but the (7) also doesn't go through any really poor areas; even Corona isn't particularly poor compared to what other lines travel through. And not sharing track with any other train obviously helps, as with the (L).

I'm going to disregard everything you said and just inform you; I don't know if your cap lock is broken, but that is very annoying!

FtrainFan again you are foaming. You think people would miss new technology train clearly that is the idea of a foamer. Even I don't give a damn about train car assignments hell every car is special. Also how could you call the (F) train the best in the system when even if this survey isn't based facts. How do you know. You foam all the time and talk about the (F), R46's on the (F) and R160B on the (F). Don't you know there are 21 other subway services on the (MTA) NYCS. They aren't all the greatest but they are all special like the car assignments. What you are doing is immature and quite foamy. Will you please grow up. Anyway I think only half of the R142A's on the (6) are going to be R188's and who cares if the fleet on the (6) are half R142A's/R62's and the (7) are half R188's/R62's.

Most train services in New York run around poor neighborhoods. Also the (1), (2), (3), (4), (6), (A), (C), (E), (:), (D), (G), (J), (L) and (Z) run by some of the poorest neighborhoods in the city and don't forget the locations have a heavy crime rate too. For example the (A) runs by Pitkin and it's yard. The neighborhood is poor, run down and crime rampant. Another one is Canarsie or the (L) including it's high school where shootings, murders and rape are common. My friend came from there but moved to Bensonhurst which is where I live and it's safe. Though she talks about Canarsie often.

The (F) is TERRIBLE in on-time performance, most of time I use it's not on-time. Although breakdowns has reduced with the (F) being all R160. R62As work fine on the (7), it has excellent service, the cars are clean & do not break down & have close to the same MDBF as the your excellent (F) line. Compare 219,813 miles from the R62As on the (7) to 216,071 miles on the R160s on the (F). So mmhmm. On a side note the MDBF of the R32s on the (C) hasn't gone up much to 61,012 miles

Archived