M is running to Chambers

So this morning, I got off my Q train at Canal St. I usually leave the station through the Centre St exit. I saw lights at the north end of the platform, so I decided to hop on the train one more stop to Chambers St, since that stop is closer to where I work. There it was. An M! Couldn't believe it. And it wasn't the only one. As my M left Canal, another one pulled in on the opposite track. It was signed up for Nassau St service as if nothing had changed from last week.

I guess it was just a matter of time, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

Guest lance25

For those wondering why, there was a smoke condition at B'way-Lafayette, causing the (M) to run to Chambers via Nassau St and the (F) to run via the Cranberry Tubes between West 4 & Jay Sts.

Whatever was going on at Broadway-Lafayette really messed up a lot of service in Lower Manhattan. The (M), of course, as has been noted. Also the (A)(C)(E) which got backed up because the (:)(D)(F) were running on the 8th Ave tracks. Yesterday it took me half an hour, forty minutes to get in to town from Queens. Today it took almost an hour and a half. Ugh.

Oh, an interesting aside about the disruption this morning:

After they announced that the (M) would be running through Chambers and down into Brooklyn a bunch of people asked me how to transfer to this train or that train and where the (M) would be going. "Um," I wanted to say, "it's running like it did for thirty, forty years before YESTERDAY." I wonder if the (M) has seen a bunch of NEW riders. If it has that could probably be considered a good thing.

The back up was ridiculous. I normally hop on any of the 6th Avenue lines from Herald Sq to Rockefeller for work, and there was a line to the staircase to the platform. Luckily, I squeezed myself into the one (F) train that came by. Then we were further delayed because someone got punched in the face. Good times.

Lol, it would even be more crazy if (M)s went to Bay Parkway one day again.

There'd have to be something REALLY REALLY wrong for that to happen. The first thing they'll do is run (D)s via the (F). If need be they can send an (M) to Coney Island.

I was in Pacific Street this morning around 9:30 or so and i saw a 9th Avenue bound (M) train pulling up the local tracks as i was waiting for a Coney Island bound (N) train,i was shocked and surprised to say the least.

After about 4 (D) trains and getting annoyed,our good ol' (N)ancy train finally pulled up :)

I was in Pacific Street this morning around 9:30 or so and i saw a 9th Avenue bound (M) train pulling up the local tracks as i was waiting for a Coney Island bound (N) train,i was shocked and surprised to say the least.

After about 4 (D) trains and getting annoyed,our good ol' (N)ancy train finally pulled up :)

Pics or it didnt happen :cool:

I believe those (M) trains ran via Broadway in Manhattan to Brooklyn and then sent back up to Sixth Avenue.

Could it be it will be a normal event that they will send some (M)s there to help the (R) on 4th avenue?

Pics or it didnt happen :cool:

I don't have pics but the announcement on the (M) I was on this morning was that it would go to 9th Ave. Which came after the announcement that it would go up 6th Ave, running it's normal route. Which came after the announcement that it would terminate at Chambers.

Could it be it will be a normal event that they will send some (M)s there to help the (R) on 4th avenue?

Doubt it, unless there are regular fires at Broadway-Lafayette.

BTW - Does anyone know what happened with the southbound (M)'s? The ones from Middle Village at least have the option of running down to Chambers and even into Brooklyn. Did the Queens Blvd. (M)s run on 8th Ave? Or were they able to get through Broadway-Lafayette? Or what?

BTW - Does anyone know what happened with the southbound (M)'s? The ones from Middle Village at least have the option of running down to Chambers and even into Brooklyn. Did the Queens Blvd. (M)s run on 8th Ave? Or were they able to get through Broadway-Lafayette? Or what?

They probably just suspended service and let whichever (M)s out there running to WTC or some other terminals. It would be interesting if they showed up on Church Ave on the F or something lol

They probably just suspended service and let whichever (M)s out there running to WTC or some other terminals. It would be interesting if they showed up on Church Ave on the F or something lol

Speaking of Church Ave, I took a rerouted (D) from 7th Ave to Church via the (F) at about 10:30 AM today.

Lol, I have taken a (B) running on the (F) in the past before, its interesting really riding a R68/A on Culver.

The furthest I've gone on a (B)/(D) reroute was from 14th Street/Eighth Avenue to Jay Street in Brooklyn. The (D) pulled onto the Express track and couldn't switch back onto its regular line because there are no switches between 59th and Canal Street. It was weird riding an R68 along Eighth Avenue, especially during the p.m. rush.

The furthest I've gone on a (B)/(D) reroute was from 14th Street/Eighth Avenue to Jay Street in Brooklyn. The (D) pulled onto the Express track and couldn't switch back onto its regular line because there are no switches between 59th and Canal Street. It was weird riding an R68 along Eighth Avenue, especially during the p.m. rush.

Even then if it could switch at West 4. It would probably be short turned at 2nd Ave since it can't return on the express track to Brooklyn anyways.

Archived