(2)(3)(4)(5)

NX Express

They also mention some sort of free out-of-system transfer btwn. South Ferry and Bowling Green. What's that all about?:confused:

I think thats to allow customers from brooklyn on the (2)(3) to connect with (1)(2) for people who nned Bway service as well as going to bklyn

I think it WOULD be better to have the (2)(5) swap from 149th/Mott to Bowling Green/Chambers St via SF Loop and have the (2) Shuttle running. The (3) can stay at 14th st.. This would be better then so much of all this like last time.. But idk whats up hee

Well...this will be a first in a while, the (5) in Brooklyn on a weekend. And for those West Siders thinking that the (A) is the way to go, don't even bother, no trains b/t Jay St & Utica that weekend.

Well, this will be a good opportunity to hear "This is a South Ferry-bound (2) local train" if they have that announcement. It'll also be a good time to go to the Brooklyn IRT for some photos, since nothing special ever happens there.

Oh, and the (4) on Livonia=R142/As that speed down the hills at Junius Street. I know this sounds crazy, but it's very fun, even more so than an R62. Since it only happens during the time when NO ONE wants to get out there (Late Nights, and sparingly during the rushes), try it during the weekend.

As it turns out, they're doing this on Jan. 2nd too, which I blame myself for not reading. Well, since I'm definitely heading out that weekend, I have no choice but to get caught in this, so might as well bring the old camera. Maybe I'll see some of you guys over here.

Whoa!!! The (5) is running to Brooklyn on a weekend?!?!?!?!?!?! Major foamage!!! :drool: This will be fun! The last time the (5) ran to Brooklyn on a weekend was the first weekend after 9/11!!! This will be very interesting!

The (5) to Brooklyn on Weekends is cool, but it makes all stops in Brooklyn, though. Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the (4) does the same thing too. /FONT]

There is a northbound Eastern Pkwy EXP that weekend. All trains run express from Franklin to Atlantic northbound, but southbound, they all run local.

I dont think this is the first time. I believe back in the 80s and below the (5) ran to Brooklyns Atlantic while the (4) got cut back.. Since the (2) went to New Lots <5> to Utica or Atlantic and (3)(4) to Flatbush with some (4) to utica..

Anyways im gonna grab that (2) with the SF and (2) via SF . Hope R142 is programmed for SF..

Well...this will be a first, the (5) in Brooklyn on a Weekend. Too bad I don't get to stay to see this happening on my home lines. And for those West Siders thinking that the (A) is the way to go, don't even bother, no trains b/t Jay St & Utica that weekend.

Well, this will be a good opportunity to hear "This is a South Ferry-bound (2) local train" if they have that announcement. It'll also be a good time to go to the Brooklyn IRT for some photos, since nothing special ever happens there.

Oh, and the (4) on Livonia=R142/As that speed down the hills at Junius Street. I know this sounds crazy, but it's very fun, even more so than an R62. Since it only happens during the time when NO ONE wants to get out there (Late Nights, and sparingly during the rushes), try it during the weekend.

I dont think this is the first time. I believe back in the 80s and below the (5) ran to Brooklyns Atlantic while the (4) got cut back.. Since the (2) went to New Lots <5> to Utica or Atlantic and (3)(4) to Flatbush with some (4) to utica..

Anyways im gonna grab that (2) with the SF and (2) via SF . Hope R142 is programmed for SF..

I think the (2)'s are programmed for South Ferry. It should be interesting.

I think the (2)'s are programmed for South Ferry. It should be interesting.

It could be "this is a South Ferry Bound (2) train via the (1) Line"

Yes there is via the "#" line, ive heard it before even the (5) has it.. Last one i heard was "This is a Manhattan Bound (5) train via the (4) Line" with the 7th Ave announcer played.. It was used when the (5) was running from 149th to Bowling Green 2 weekends ago

It could be "this is a South Ferry Bound (2) train via the (1) Line"

Yes there is via the "#" line, ive heard it before even the (5) has it.. Last one i heard was "This is a Manhattan Bound (5) train via the (4) Line" with the 7th Ave announcer played.. It was used when the (5) was running from 149th to Bowling Green 2 weekends ago

You most likely be right about the via (1) announcement. It'd be ironic if it didn't happen.

Whoa!!! The (5) is running to Brooklyn on a weekend?!?!?!?!?!?! Major foamage!!! :drool: This will be fun! The last time the (5) ran to Brooklyn on a weekend was the first weekend after 9/11!!! This will be very interesting!
No it also did on a weekend I think in late 2003, there was some kind of track fire in manhattan that sent the (5) to Brooklyn.

By the way it's possible this is being done to save money by not having the (2) shuttle run all weekend. And Instead just sending the (5) to Brooklyn.

That's a viable possibility. The TA needs to save all the money they can.

Archived